Design costs as Research and Development?
I have just started working as a management accountant for a husband and wife clothing and accessories design company.
They have asked whether the are able to treat any of their design research and sourcing costs as r&d for tax purposes. They've included travel and accommodation costs in here, which my gut tells me would be a no, but are there any types of design & sourcing research costs that could be treated as r&d?
- Missing tax return 319 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 286 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 116 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,043 30
- Inflation and fees 1,365 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 302 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 181 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 198 1
- Related party disclosure 197 3
- Company reconstruction 131 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 229 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 166 1
- Advice please! 409 2
- VAT on new builds 183 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 143 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,989 28