Design costs as Research and Development?
I have just started working as a management accountant for a husband and wife clothing and accessories design company.
They have asked whether the are able to treat any of their design research and sourcing costs as r&d for tax purposes. They've included travel and accommodation costs in here, which my gut tells me would be a no, but are there any types of design & sourcing research costs that could be treated as r&d?
- Closing down loss-making company 14 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 403 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,308 38
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 913 25
- BrightPay quirks 296 3
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 84 2
- VAT disaggregation 75 1
- Appointment of director 62 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 503 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 210 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 274 3
- Mortgage Reference 614 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 341 7
- Insovent companies 916 19
- New Build 250 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,320 48
- Website Content 238 1
- Personal Tax 672 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 233 1
- USA Tax Query 339 2