Design costs as Research and Development?
I have just started working as a management accountant for a husband and wife clothing and accessories design company.
They have asked whether the are able to treat any of their design research and sourcing costs as r&d for tax purposes. They've included travel and accommodation costs in here, which my gut tells me would be a no, but are there any types of design & sourcing research costs that could be treated as r&d?
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,130 85
- Where can I get the information for this 376 7
- BrightPay 372 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 216 3
- CGT &LLP 84 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 549 4
- Setting up an offshore company 118 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 186 16
- Secure document exchange 140 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 163 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 396 7
- break even point 183 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 118 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 260 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 152 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 145 4
- How to issue shares to investors 101 1
- Expense management software 634 12
- Tax code 167 1