Desperate plea for information.
Anyone using self assessment online-beware. I will never use it again.
1.Does anyone know of an action group of aggrieved online filers who have suffered as a result of bugs in hmrc's online submission system?
2.I am being investigated and am being pressured to admit that I was careless in filling in the form! The online system checks for errors and does not let you proceed, so how can I have been careless? They say if I admit this carelessness, they will then work out the penalties. So what should I do? I do want to be rid of this investigation as I have multiple health issues. At the same time I am not at all sure that I made an error. It is not as if I concealed anything. What if I remain steadfast and not admit any misbehaviour? After all there are two potential culprits here. I am one. Their software is the other. If I did not misbehave, then it is their software that generates the return form is at fault. They have modified their software for 2009/2010 tax year so this error can not happen! How does anyone take on the mighty tax apparatus?
I do not believe I am the first one to be caught and wont be the last. This has come to haunt me 2 years after retirement. If I had been filling the form on paper, it is unlikely I would have made the error. I suggest all online filers pause and think! Is it worth using this system when even if it has bugs in it, they make you responsible for it and hound you into submission.
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 700 18
- overdrawn directors loan account 68 3
- Am i Liable? 378 13
- PAYE coding notices 156 2
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 184 2
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 79 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 820 13
- Property scam victim 509 13
- Christmas party 190 2
- VAT on garage rent 353 15
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 359 4
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 190 1
- RTI 172 5
- Altered PAYE cheque 304 7
- directors overdrawn loan account 122 2
- Giving a seminar 572 31
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 238 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 122 1
- Added years superannuation 82 2
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 218 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,229
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 613
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 411
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 318
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 210
- Alphabet shares 199
- Agent fees to sell business 194
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 190
- Office recharges 155
- Tax position on lease extension 144