Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Which software for practice books? 302 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 124 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,626 33
- Accountant software 284 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 444 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 75 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 420 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 229 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,882 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 74 1
- Renting property to yourself 317 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 386 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 100 4
- register as self employed? 122 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 142 1
- VAT enquiry 91 1
- Write off of former director's loan 235 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 259 4
- Capital gain or not? 147 3
- EC VAT 161 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 641
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 233
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 183
- Tax efficient holding company structure 175
- Investment property company accounts template 162
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 157