Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 773 32
- VAT Invoice 77 3
- IHT and Swiss Property 104 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 175 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 128 7
- General tax book with planning 99 1
- Gift of property & improvements 77 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 241 10
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 119 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 413 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 341 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 233 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 157 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 249 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 153 4
- SA302's anyone?? 519 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,630 41
- Renting for military reasons 178 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,570 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,042 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,617
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 896
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 288
- Management expenses for investment company 261
- Bonus Bonds 259
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- tax on apprenticeship income 166
- P11D benefit received by widow 147