Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Repairs or Improvement? 83 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 630 27
- Share Capital 155 3
- Business Bank account 33 1
- Administrative restoration 138 4
- Limited company 55 2
- Purchase of ltd company 42 1
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 98 3
- Excel formula 444 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 161 4
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 96 2
- Companies House incorporation service 393 13
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 311 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 196 4
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,619 13
- Bereavment payment 163 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 120 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,180 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 300 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 385 2
- Xtuple 552
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 322
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 306
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 184