Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Mortgage Reference 424 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,246 45
- Xerocon 2016 1,113 29
- New Build 100 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 80 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 717 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 98 1
- USA Tax Query 257 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 408 5
- last minute request 600 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 308 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 341 7
- Personal Tax 574 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,709 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 975 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 378 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 628 18
- Corrupt Excel File 688 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,005 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 297 2