Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Yorkshire Day 518 34
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 115 3
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,773 65
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 114 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 351 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 97 3
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 581 1
- SMP reclaimable by employer 260 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 215 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 87 1
- inflation rate year on year 74 2
- Deleted question? 645 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 275 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 338 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 142 6
- E-Magazines and pdfs 142 3
- Late annual return 199 2
- Flat rate VAT 369 8
- corporation tax 479 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,140 29
- Cancelled 456
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 350
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 254
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 231
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 224
- More spam 180
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 154