Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- where do we send the request for a residence certificate 344 8
- Dutch Company With UK Employees 32 1
- Subject to tax and NIC? 156 5
- Spreadsheets - electronically owned data?? 194 4
- Just for fun. 986 33
- Spam blocking 690 36
- HMRC don't make it easy! 251 4
- Intercompany advice 206 3
- Does the AR01 reflect the actual money invested in a company 211 9
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 293 9
- Recouping VAT on third-party purchases 136 2
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 305 13
- Is interest still due? 232 4
- Theatre Tax Relief 540 2
- Ex-gratia payments 365 7
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 213 5
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 232 4
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 123 1
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 299 3
- Excel Instances 148 2
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 391
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 390
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 355
- Perkbox 322
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 321
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 279
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 274
- Document Management Systems 260
- WIP Software 245
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 187