Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Hobby Horse 785 8
- Non resident income. 449 20
- What sectors to target? 610 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 259 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 191 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,937 41
- Self assesment online 995 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 267 21
- Why do I do this every year 418 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 305 5
- closing limited company 188 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 104 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 524 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 256 9
- IHT and US resident 74 1
- Limited Companies Merger 213 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 142 1
- Practice management 386 7
- IHT and cash gifts 254 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 570 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 934
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 652
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 602
- Latest phishing scam 580
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 417
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 315
- Scratch Head 242
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 237
- Sabbatical payments 200
- Negligible Value Claim 176