Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 56 1
- AIA/Capital Allowances 117 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 161 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,632 23
- International VAT 72 2
- RTI and Advances to Employees 312 6
- CTA 167 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 586 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 688 21
- Insurance payout 90 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 520 11
- RTI / P11d 148 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,095 21
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 269 9
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 368 3
- No more tax returns... 1,194 11
- Company Share Buy Back 282 7
- Sage 200 question 183 3
- P11d query 196 3
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 355 5