Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Business rates consultancy 188 3
- Surely not? 64 2
- Start up allowance? 156 6
- AIA or IFA 292 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,205 35
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 109 4
- Old CGT loss 79 1
- Share structures 67 1
- Late Registration for VAT 288 10
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 262 4
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 556 8
- Are HMRC staff on early 478 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 164 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 201 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 193 9
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 848 13
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 104 2
- CGT and Expenses on Property Rental Business 76 1
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 207 6
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,351 19
- TheTax Donut 1,034
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 683
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 626
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 428
- Hive up 421
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 389
- corporate hierarchy 384
- LIVE chat, starting now 338
- Advice - 192