Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 494 8
- Tech Champion of the Year 119 4
- R185 (Estates) in final year of administration 31 1
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 901 7
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 107 2
- Vat on digital download of music 87 3
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,631 34
- equipment rental 163 8
- Accomodation BIK? 163 3
- Fixed asset registers 227 8
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 351 1
- Sage Depreciation 123 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 407 7
- Employee or partner 149 2
- Separate trades advice for sole trader 80 1
- What is wrong with HMRC? 436 5
- Non-resident employer & employee 57 2
- Entrepeneurs Relief 124 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,305 65
- Boffin of the Year 557 17
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,341
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 430
- Alphabet shares 232
- Agent fees to sell business 224
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 218
- Office recharges 178
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 163
- Charge out rates in London 156
- which entity 146
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 139