Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- RTI Fees 278
- Where's our 10%? 255
- Driving sales growth 211
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 208
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 203
- CIS late registration 201
- EIS 198
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 191
- Break up basis accounting 185
- Accounts production software for business SSC 177
- Best structure 175
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 168
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 149
- Mileage Allowance Payments - couple using the same car 133
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 132
- Integrate accounts software with infusionsoft 127
- Is commission on sales always vatable? 126
- Property does not qualify for FHL, what is allowable? 117
- Loan Note, PIK and Corresponding Adjustment 115
- Employers NIC holiday paper application form 109