Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,358 39
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 103 4
- When does my Property business start 128 2
- Employment status 474 9
- Foreign Premium Distributions 150 1
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 778 15
- Company Pension Contributions 161 3
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 127 1
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 377 9
- Seafarers Earnings Deduction - how is Gibraltar treated? 185 5
- Preparing a consolidated TB 145 3
- How to Value a Business 396 7
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,117 19
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 124 2
- Fastest Software 527 7
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,577 68
- Vat threshold issues 1,456 12
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 786 19
- How much did you pay for your website 413 12
- Sage Payroll & NIC 343 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 585
- CTA study material 583
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 354
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 282
- Employment related securities question 217
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 189
- ATED Penalties 182
- AIM Stocks and IHT 169
- Trust for Employee 121
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 119