Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Would this save hours of your time? 348 7
- Laptop purchase 1,342 20
- PTP software disaster 212 2
- Wrong career 410 17
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 148 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 195 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 85 2
- Director's tax return 186 3
- Tricky VAT question 123 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 95 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 223 6
- VT accounts licence key 229 5
- Weely paid employees 208 2
- Splitting the tax year 75 1
- FPS Submission 128 2
- Value pricing 635 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 200 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 124 1
- vat return 216 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 172 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 787
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 542
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 408
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 289
- Free Tax Legislation? 248
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 232
- Director Loan account operation 230
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 223
- Paye procedures for CVA 157