Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,546 33
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 717 29
- capital gains on PPR 329 16
- Devolved HMRC? 60 1
- PAYE 250 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 205 2
- Working from home - time apportionment 178 1
- incorrect PAYE statements 245 3
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 126 1
- Cloud based payroll sofware? 494 8
- Does anyone use quotation software? 142 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,108 452
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 431 5
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 340 10
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 438 10
- 100% Xero practice 2,570 48
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 392 5
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 578 10
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 349 12
- Direct Debit - no receipts 316 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,325
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 488
- National Insurance 376
- Non Resident 302
- Franchise income and costs 267
- Hands on experience of Digita 221
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 198
- Employer's Helpline 170
- employment capital allowances 167
- CIS paid under reg 9 162