Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 817 5
- See you all on the other side 819 6
- 12Pay 589 2
- dividends 802 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,247 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 496 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 498 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 462 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 595 5
- Seeking a tax case 716 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 582 4
- Companies house strike off 698 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 520 2
- Moving to the cloud 798 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 237 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 961 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 239 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 552 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 436
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Marginal rates of tax 369
- Class 2 NI 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317