Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Viewing folder contens en masse 250 7
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 531 18
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 486 6
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 862 13
- HMRC time to pay and bailiff letters 446 6
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 470 10
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 332 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 757 9
- No Contact From Client - When to Disengage? 382 2
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 272 6
- Car benefit or not? 1,493 17
- Associate Dentist SD86 much higher than deductions 147 1
- Auto Enrolment 149 1
- Not renewing AAT 898 11
- Company ceased trading 172 4
- Questions from Liquidator 2,147 22
- Casual Driver 427 6
- Email encryption 1,479 16
- New dividend taxation 769 4
- Another question on trusts and settlements 105 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 689
- Property letting & CAs 419
- 2015 tax year end 414
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 401
- FCA regulated company in a small group 356
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 332
- Costly Accounting Software contract 274
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 245
- DTA tie-breaker issue 231
- Directors' advances and credits 231