Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 48 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,711 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 232 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 366 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 267 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 225 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 178 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 107 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 394 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 142 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,725 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 153 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,050 49
- deceased creditor 210 5
- Corporate member of LLP 281 1
- Investment company 274 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 539
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 308
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 289
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260