Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 84 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,268 19
- Scanners 174 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 92 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 164 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 234 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 405 9
- Payment plans for clients 126 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 232 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 249 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 392 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 449 9
- P60 or payslips? 98 1
- Property income in different capacities 111 1
- IHT dilemma 1,385 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 195 1
- IT advisory questions? 181 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 799 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 154 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 531 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,161
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 490
- Digita Hosted Software 321
- Credit where credit's due....... 275
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 228
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 205
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 160
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 141