Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 640 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 181 1
- Your comments please 120 3
- Ordering same-day transactions 73 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 166 2
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 34 1
- Closing my business down 303 20
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 104 1
- Recording Calls 46 1
- CGT history of shares 79 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 63 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,271 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,490 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 910 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 70 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 157 2
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 246 3
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 249 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 200 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 162 1
- Moving away from CCH software 959
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 389
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 368
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 265
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 234
- Construction CIS LLP Company 218
- EPS and CIS deductions 210
- Out of time or not? 191