Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Secure document exchange 90 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 145 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 372 7
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 165 15
- break even point 125 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 103 3
- Fax to email providers 318 11
- Payroll software 203 11
- BrightPay 332 7
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 113 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 131 4
- How to issue shares to investors 55 1
- Expense management software 620 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,093 84
- Tax code 126 1
- Payroll Manager - seperate monthly & weekly 356 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 1,409 28
- Hello there 371 2
- Tax on sale of business when proceeds are deferred 125 2
- RTI late filing penalties for micro employer 143 1