Disagreement re sole trader
Have a sole trader who is vat registered.
Has a company van used 100% business. To keep the mileage on the van down, and in line with the contract he uses his car as well for business.
Car is on a HP. If we put the car through the business can you choose to:
A. put petrol re car to drawings and claim vat back on the mileage only rate. (i have made sure he keeps a mileage log)
B. fuel through business and claim vat back and have a fuel scale charge.
I say you have a choice, and once made you have to stick with it.. A N other is saying as Vat reg, it has to be option B.
Can anyone confirm.
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 168 7
- Identify cost savings 196 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 426 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 103 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 94 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 123 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 585 11
- are these allowable deductions? 117 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,650 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 565 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 79 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 133 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 417 7
- Schedule A losses 151 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 311 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 193 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 832 1
- Fees 790 8
- P11D & tax return 286 10
- Freelance/Employee 929 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 333
- S222 Charge 269
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 215
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 204
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 170
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 157