dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 70 2
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 361 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 202 5
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 140 2
- Merging my businesses 195 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 559 19
- Where has Portia gone? 1,971 66
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 457 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 332 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 326 1
- Holiday entitlement 576 11
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 483 12
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 319 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 141 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 147 2
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 927 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 225 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 426 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 358 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 554
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Sanzar 313
- Portia ... Where art thou 303
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 292
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 176