dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- I do not love you 265 5
- What are you doing now 31 Jan is past? 124 2
- Limited Company 214 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 186 1
- Love is in the air 763 10
- Stamp Duty 342 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 750 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 901 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 410 5
- Paying Son 819 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 406 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 285 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,077 47
- Setting up a practice 657 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 637 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 570 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 500 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,877 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 470 1
- Foreign domicile status 319
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 304
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 284
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 263
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 250
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 240
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 236