dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- HMRC Post 571 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 421 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 168 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 438 8
- Fees 448 5
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 509 17
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 285 3
- www.pool.adzio 149 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 175 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,876 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 283 3
- Transactions with directors 476 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 311 9
- Non VAT invoices 244 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 252 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,434 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 274 5
- Form 17 Download 193 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 595 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 408 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 766
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 418
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 214
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 190
- AIA 188
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 182