dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- NALS Accountants Report 86 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,456 35
- Legal title not in the company name 257 10
- Dividend dates 550 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 111 3
- Sole properietor 156 4
- transitioning payroll 225 8
- dividend proposals 92 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 221 2
- Deduction from Salary 284 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 179 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,715 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 81 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 433 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 157 2
- 12 Pay Problems 248 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 247 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 91 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 483 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 282
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 230
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 227
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175