dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- LLP classification of division of profit 116 3
- Ltd company or sole trader 64 2
- Fee protection 99 2
- deductions for OMB companies 164 2
- Insolvent Liquidation 108 1
- insolvency ip control 156 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 303 3
- Free Agent data? 91 1
- Generic PAYE notices 80 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 125 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 516 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 537 12
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 119 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 76 1
- UK company avoiding tax 189 2
- Finland 77 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 963 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 168 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,200 40
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 137