dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Director's tax return 222 5
- Wrong career 446 18
- Would this save hours of your time? 402 10
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 184 4
- Value pricing 655 21
- Payroo Employer allowance query 126 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 253 7
- Laptop purchase 1,370 20
- PTP software disaster 244 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 169 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 215 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 94 2
- Tricky VAT question 165 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 109 2
- VT accounts licence key 252 5
- Weely paid employees 217 2
- Splitting the tax year 94 1
- FPS Submission 147 2
- non resident receiving UK dividends 210 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 142 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 412
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 260
- Director Loan account operation 239
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159