dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 88 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 795 17
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 156 3
- Property scam victim 315 5
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 255 9
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 235 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 48 1
- Have i messed up? 746 11
- VAT on garage rent 127 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 423 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 52 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 100 2
- Tasks for new trainees 147 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 69 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 69 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 562 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 105 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,647 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 259 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,811 19
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,092
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 575
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 383
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 288
- Charge out rates in London? 242
- Interest on Loan to a Company 189
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 174
- Agent fees to sell business 163
- Alphabet shares 160
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 154