dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 209 3
- Bookkeping software 678 7
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 422 9
- Goods Purchased for Rental 88 2
- are receipts needed? 551 15
- Clogged Losses 262 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 267 11
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 248 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 60 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 639 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 299 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 247 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 104 1
- General tax book with planning 233 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 174 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 194 1
- Gift of property & improvements 153 3
- VAT Invoice 210 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 386 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 905
- International interest certificate 516
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 313
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 178
- P11D benefit received by widow 154
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 147
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 146