dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Coding Notice 59 1
- Free invoicing software 82 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 292 17
- New business - journal entries 205 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 534 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 239 7
- Why should I retain membership? 2,549 43
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 153 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 399 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 658 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 332 4
- Trade name 74 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 181 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 114 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 104 1
- Lettings expenses 112 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 359 12
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 340 11
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 306 9
- PAYE 463 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 738
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 700
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 376
- Social investment tax relief 195
- Digita Hosted Software 188
- Call Centre Data Costs 186
- option to tax 168
- VAT on deposits 162
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 150
- Travel costs and contractors 138