dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Get it off your chest 192 4
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 236 7
- Directors bonus 115 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 72 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 260 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 184 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 132 3
- break even point 1,104 33
- The return 735 27
- Sell business after leaving country 322 6
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 82 1
- IHT Query 394 8
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 86 2
- Charity accounting 67 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 999 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 149 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 148 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 357 2
- Limited Company trading status. 330 8
- Payroll 188 6
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 547
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 347
- Clubs and Taxable Income 289
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 206
- Outsource Data Entry 172
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172