dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,344 21
- Investment properties revaluation 71 7
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 384 12
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 214 1
- FRS percentage 143 3
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 212 6
- Umbrella Companies 76 2
- Benefit fraud 3,343 48
- Should I continue with the ACA? 407 9
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 309 10
- How much did you pay for your website 1,111 21
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 366 10
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 129 1
- Intangble Assets 114 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 198 4
- Companies House 701 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 293 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 315 11
- RTI Penalties 206 1
- How to delete of a password protected company? 127 2
- CTA study material 640
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 386
- Employment related securities question 237
- ATED Penalties 210
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 153
- Expat pension contributions? 143
- Trust for Employee 138
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 129
- Capital allowances 114