dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 112 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 181 5
- Real names 1,248 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 406 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 101 1
- Expenses Apps 157 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 170 4
- Quick Easy Quote 250 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,795 29
- Solicitor accounts 66 1
- Unallocated client money 241 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 212 2
- change of office address 133 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 231 3
- Incorporation Relief 135 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 113 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 357 4
- Furniture Rental Business 104 2
- Client Death 558 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 200 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 606
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 487
- Sorry ignore me 382
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 281
- Cancelled 246
- Cancelled 219
- Bartercard 176
- C79 Discrepancy 172
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 163