dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 216 10
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 281 6
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 449 15
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 130 2
- Residential leeting and repairs 60 2
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 218 1
- Share swap 330 9
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 155 4
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 222 11
- Late P45 47 1
- VAT on motor expenses 927 34
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 498 8
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,750 23
- another ir35!!!! 1,193 8
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 130 2
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 248 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,408 42
- Sage 50 146 1
- Introduction of Goodwill 271 6
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 136 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,552
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 855
- International interest certificate 473
- NOVA 330
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 240
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 229
- Management expenses for investment company 219
- Bonus Bonds 211
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 196
- Help with tax codes on Sage 158