dividends exceeding retained profits
I realise this has been discussed before but id like to run the scenario past my learned friends on here.
just done some accounts for a small limited company; dividends taken were approx £40k
retained profits before divis were only £13k; meaning a deficit of £27k
There is a £43k direcotrs loan to draw on but the fact is the dividends were voted and paid each month and were transferred to the directors personal account (narrative on stmt says divi).
Furthermore a few weeks ago we scheduled the dividends for borrowing purposes.
Part of the deficit is a large deferred tax provision as a van was bought and 100% AIA claimed.
I think the accounts should remain as they are with the actual dividends paid being left as dividends.
A mate of mine that works at a different practice is saying net the deficit off the directors loan.
What does anyone else think!!??
All input greatly appreciated
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 502 16
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 675 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 295 16
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 74 2
- Personal pension 432 9
- Business rates consultancy 260 4
- Wrong tax code 151 6
- Benefit in Kind 242 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 72 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 252 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,053 31
- Deferred Tax 469 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 206 1
- You know its over 480 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 231 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,271 14
- Cocaine anyone? 619 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 148 2
- Hive up 509
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 451
- Advice - 291
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 236
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 192
- The booking.com con 168
- UK State pension paid in NZ 163