Dividends no longer to be shown in P/L account per FRSSE?
Paragraph 12.6 of the new FRSSE states that dividends on 'equity instruments' (ordinary shares) should be debited directly to 'equity'. In other words, are they no longer to be shown on the face of the profit and loss account?
For companies not applying the FRSSE, the sames rules are in FRS25 paragraph 35. Both standards apply to accounting periods beginning 1 January 2005, earlier adoption not allowed.
Have I understood this correctly? I have seen no comment on this major change.
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 27 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 305 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 309 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 112 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 160 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 141 1
- RTI offline? 619 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 163 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 264 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 185 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 159 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 947 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 243 3