Dividends no longer to be shown in P/L account per FRSSE?
Paragraph 12.6 of the new FRSSE states that dividends on 'equity instruments' (ordinary shares) should be debited directly to 'equity'. In other words, are they no longer to be shown on the face of the profit and loss account?
For companies not applying the FRSSE, the sames rules are in FRS25 paragraph 35. Both standards apply to accounting periods beginning 1 January 2005, earlier adoption not allowed.
Have I understood this correctly? I have seen no comment on this major change.
- Sage Priority Support 88 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 679 18
- incorrect old p60 108 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 477 4
- VAT on new builds 109 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 344 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 121 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 111 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 129 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,835 26
- Missing tax return 169 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 918 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 274 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 160 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 554 18
- Physiotherapy 242 3
- Inflation and fees 1,216 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 163 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 280 8
- CGT help please 147 1