Dividends for Sole Director Company
A lot of posts on here have debated the issue of directors from small sole trader companies drawing funds during the year as dividends but leaving all the paperwork to the end of the year.
Has anyone had any actual dealings with the revenue on this matter as often the paper trail is sketchy and most directors would argue that the drawings we legal at the time taken.
If the funds were available to distribute in the company I can't see why it could be argued that it is a loan rather than dividend - obviously when more that one director is involved then things begin to get more complex.
I was hoping someone with actual experience of this being challenged could share their experience.
- P11d query 270 5
- Rental expenses 65 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 140 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 359 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 94 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 338 4
- No more tax returns... 1,543 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 421 6
- Signed accounts for bank 302 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 480 10
- Landing clients 426 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,156 22
- Termination Payment 220 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 228 3
- CRM / marketing 117 2
- Allocation of income from property 759 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,886 28
- Opening a Quick books file 147 1
- 64-8 problems 525 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 351 10