Do the Revenue leave the phone off the hook? Or do they ever answer their phones?
Could I ask if anyone else has problem communicating with the Revenue? On calling the local office for a Corporation Tax query, I found the phone constantly engaged. Busy I thought - I'll leave a message get them to return my call. No, engaged at 6pm 7pm 8pm 9pm 10pm 11pm then I retired (bed only), 6am 7am 8am and then throughout the day.
Now I am calling the National DIY team only to experience the same. I then decide to phone the VAT advice line, who answer, but surprise, surprise - their assistants are all busy and I get cut off. Then tried the website. E-mail bounced back there is apparently a problem with MY browser settings.
I need an urgent answer to reply within their timescales, you know 30 days from the date of the letter, which arrived after 15 days in the hands of the incompetent Post Office. I can't wait for the similar to happen or indeed for a written query to spend the usual 15 days in a Revenue in-tray.
- Old CGT loss 229 4
- Limited company purchase of property 457 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 452 2
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 142 3
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 962 14
- Trade creditor journal 57 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 391 9
- How much of your work is admin? 640 6
- HMRC Distraint 88 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 140 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 219 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 418 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,370 42
- Nominal Ledger 396 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 598 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 192 2
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 219 3
- Paper tax return 177 4
- Start up allowance? 393 12
- Will I need to resign? 253 1