Do the Revenue leave the phone off the hook? Or do they ever answer their phones?
Could I ask if anyone else has problem communicating with the Revenue? On calling the local office for a Corporation Tax query, I found the phone constantly engaged. Busy I thought - I'll leave a message get them to return my call. No, engaged at 6pm 7pm 8pm 9pm 10pm 11pm then I retired (bed only), 6am 7am 8am and then throughout the day.
Now I am calling the National DIY team only to experience the same. I then decide to phone the VAT advice line, who answer, but surprise, surprise - their assistants are all busy and I get cut off. Then tried the website. E-mail bounced back there is apparently a problem with MY browser settings.
I need an urgent answer to reply within their timescales, you know 30 days from the date of the letter, which arrived after 15 days in the hands of the incompetent Post Office. I can't wait for the similar to happen or indeed for a written query to spend the usual 15 days in a Revenue in-tray.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,640 49
- Allocation of income from property 363 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 98 1
- bookkeeping system 292 5
- Outstanding Loans 67 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 865 21
- HELP...historic SSP query! 161 5
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 678 8
- Business trips - director and family 96 1
- Company van paid by director 178 2
- Private company division 191 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 223 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 373 9
- US share sale - income or capital 96 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,400 12
- flat rate scheme 1,028 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 151 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 242 2
- Before I call employers helpline 338 2
- Accountants reference for me?? 330 1