Do teachers get paid holiday?
We are about to take over a payroll for a nursery school. The owner says she pays them extra to cover the fact that they don't get paid when the school is closed. Half term, the summer etc. Is this right? Surely they are entitled to the same rights as other employees. She also says there are two types of teacher. One is contract and the other is something else, which she didn't know!!
Any help appreciated!!
- Cash gift from India 461 13
- last minute request 97 2
- GP ACCOUNTS 51 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 360 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 47 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 194 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,116 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 634 6
- Overseas workday relief 131 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 254 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 655 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 86 1
- MVL 251 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,488 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 115 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 728 11
- Change PAYE agent address 198 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 85 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 247 4
- AccountingWEB survey 368 4