Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- Free accounts system for small business? 36 2
- saturday staff 206 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,437 51
- Electronic v printed payslips 204 4
- Is anyone using micro entity accounts 856 13
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 356 5
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 768 7
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 188 3
- Fee protection 1,008 20
- Received a CIS invoice 117 2
- Payroll Software Recommendations 135 3
- PPR Sanity Check 97 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 475 3
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 167 2
- Incorporation and goodwill 196 3
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 312 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 386 3
- Self assesment losses 380 9
- Disposal of an opted property 215 3
- Payroll systems 463 7
- Xtuple 573
- Qtac payroll for bureau 396
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 348
- Domain name sale and limited company 245
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 223
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 217
- Tax on damages received 194
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 188
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 156
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 150