Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- Interest Relief 61 1
- What does the "K" signify 45 2
- Amend tax return? 97 2
- Self Assessment and P11D 187 5
- Adding shop sales to sage 36 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 266 9
- self assessment repayment requesto 544 11
- Capital Gains Relief 189 7
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 118 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 996 42
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 677 26
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 110 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 216 4
- HMRC SA302s 55 1
- Investment from Friend 208 10
- Receipt bank 362 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 71 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 503 10
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 354 4
- Company dividends 555 15
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 585
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175