Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 751 24
- VAT on non-denominated postage 156 4
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 206 4
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 83 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 156 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 840 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 540 14
- SA316s 197 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 75 1
- Swiching tax 535 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 515 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 536 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 378 11
- Start-up cost recognition 115 1
- Lunches 271 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 403 8
- Generic notification message 264 6
- Property Expenses 224 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 174 1
- Accrued salary unpaid 271 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 608
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 259
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228