Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- Question regarding gym training 92 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 130 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 470 9
- Directors Subsistence 338 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,037 26
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 558 9
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 177 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 408 9
- R&D tax credit claim 149 4
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 360 5
- New company - form a group? 82 1
- Not a good start no broadband 204 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 125 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 333 2
- Incorporation Relief 295 6
- Penalty suspension 161 2
- is this fraud? 376 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 340 7
- Corporate shareholder question 229 4
- Bartercard 319 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 563
- Cancelled 336
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 321
- Cancelled 277
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 240
- Probiz 221
- CIS Deductions 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 169
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 160
- Car leasing scheme 154