Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- VAT on new builds 61 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 72 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 618 14
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,743 26
- Missing tax return 85 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 891 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 261 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 134 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 527 18
- Physiotherapy 213 3
- Inflation and fees 1,175 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 131 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 260 8
- CGT help please 119 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 329 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 102 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 158 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 287 1
- Community Interest Company 138 3
- Redundancy Pay 421 5