Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- Companies House Authentication code 249 10
- Client refusing to change basis period 244 11
- Free accounts system for small business? 421 9
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,460 43
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 70 3
- It gets worse ! 392 2
- PCTR for Audit Qualification 99 1
- Building premises bought on 99 year lease 83 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 2,003 66
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 184 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 481 8
- Payroll Software Recommendations 321 10
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 355 15
- saturday staff 416 4
- Sports Club - Option to tax 71 1
- Highlighting a line on cell click 65 4
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 548 12
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 658 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 358 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 272 3
- Xtuple 587
- Qtac payroll for bureau 414
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 358
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 231
- Tax on damages received 211
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 174
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 168
- PTP Software 159
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 145
- Software for Belgium Company 142