Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- Accountants' Error 681 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 137 3
- Scoot 170 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 143 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 189 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 658 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,444 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 101 1
- Regaining my qualification 188 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 231 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 212 2
- Auto enrolment 185 3
- Shareholder agreement 167 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 194 3
- Company Reorganisation 158 3
- Employee Loan 201 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 460 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 586 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 141 1
- Wear and tear allowance 461 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 759
- Any views 694
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 352
- NOVA 258
- Advertising services? 251
- IRIS Open Books problem 241