Do women need positive discrimination?
I am not sure how this will work, but in the budget it has been announced that £12.5 million has been set aside to encourage women entrepreneurs. As with a lot of government initiatives I wouldnt be surprised if there are caveats on this limiting it to the long term unemployed.
As a woman entrepreneur, it may sound strange, but I find this slightly patronising. I am in my late 30s and apart from a minor incident in 1985 have never experienced any sexual discrimination in the workplace.
People are quoting statistics about the lack of females at board level but is that through discrimination or do less women want these roles?
Thinking of people I personally associate with , some are females with good jobs others would rather be at home and have no desire to hold down a demanding job.
I have always worked full time and in addition have been a single mother from when my children were babies. I also worked until the day before I gave birth with no. 2. I know this life would not be for a lot of people, hence I am in the boardroom, they are doing other things.
I feel we are in danger of getting to a stage when women in senior postions may be viewed as having got there through legislation rather than ability.
I would welcome any comments from any other females or males to see if I have been lucky and if discrimiation still exists.
- Fee base v staff ratio 41 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 315 4
- Undeclared rental income 2,074 21
- Debtor/creditor set-off 42 1
- Cash basis 350 10
- Statutory sick pay 189 3
- Redundancy payment added to p45 329 2
- Overseas bank interest 189 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 138 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 335 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 192 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 299 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,922 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,339 12
- Lorry Drivers 386 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 257 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,716 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 169 1
- PRR 599 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 223 2
- Skandia using wrong address 539
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 292
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 288
- Employee rewards 280
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 252
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 178
- LLP in Construction Industry 142