Does anyone check what Revenue inspectors send out?
Is the work of inspectors when sending out enquiry letters subject to review by anybody above them?
I know that some inspectors are NFT (not fully trained) and have recently been dealing with the Centre For Non Residents. The inspector has changed tack twice, not commenting on the suggestion made in one of my letters and moving on to a different line of attack in the next, suggesting that we pay the tax she wanted here and recover it from overseas instead (which we could not have done). I have since been assured by experts that my suggestion was absolutely correct, although verbally she told me it was "a non-starter".
I know that one may complain to the District Inspector but does nobody check what goes out?
(Posting is anonymous as enquiry still ongoing)
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 44 2
- Family Partnership 236 6
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 146 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 79 2
- flat rate scheme 2,321 47
- Signed accounts for bank 635 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 827 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 287 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 166 5
- VAT Query on new build 98 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 137 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 145 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 89 1
- P11D Car Value 258 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 706 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,505 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,225 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 291 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,108 26