Does anyone check what Revenue inspectors send out?
Is the work of inspectors when sending out enquiry letters subject to review by anybody above them?
I know that some inspectors are NFT (not fully trained) and have recently been dealing with the Centre For Non Residents. The inspector has changed tack twice, not commenting on the suggestion made in one of my letters and moving on to a different line of attack in the next, suggesting that we pay the tax she wanted here and recover it from overseas instead (which we could not have done). I have since been assured by experts that my suggestion was absolutely correct, although verbally she told me it was "a non-starter".
I know that one may complain to the District Inspector but does nobody check what goes out?
(Posting is anonymous as enquiry still ongoing)
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,648 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 275 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 175 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,540 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 50 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 194 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 214 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 807 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 77 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,292 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 906 37
- Second Limited Company 107 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 488 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 288 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 485 20
- trading losses allowable? 756 14
- Post AAT? 681 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 134 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2