Does anyone fancy creating an accountancy body that is actually for the benefit of the members?
I am a very fed up memeber of the ICAEW who sees this orgainsiation as a complete waste of time.
In the last year, I have:
1) Been effectivly told not to chase debts through the Court as it really is not the thing to do as a professional
2) Being told that I have been to slow to hand over documents to other accountants (14 days) and that I should give hand over my up most priority
3) Been told off accepting a verbal instruction by a former (bad) client for preventing a discovery assessment, who then renaged and blamed the whole thing on me
What actually am I paying for?
I don't do audit - or indeed any regulated work and I don't use their facilities being based in the North East, so what exactly do I get for my money?
I thought that an accountancy body was supposed to be our trade union, but instead they are just a big stick who relish beating the members whenever they have the chance.
Can anyone give me three reasons why I should not just quit?
And does anyone fancy starting something that actually helps (like the FSB does) the small business
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 109 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 197 5
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 660 7
- EBT 159 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 132 8
- deleting customers on Sage 50 115 5
- Giving a seminar 500 28
- Joint Filing Help 83 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 169 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 243 13
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 410 17
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,163 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 245 2
- Writing off bad debts 162 4
- Added years superannuation 42 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 97 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 341 7
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 55 1
- Care to help a student out? 274 9
- Residency 91 day rule 189 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,195
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 403
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 186
- Agent fees to sell business 185
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 175
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 155
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 154