Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Company formation and bank account 252 8
- Next Move 513 13
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 138 2
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 648 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,539 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 532 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 395 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 198 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 394 8
- OneNote is fantastic 488 11
- VAT Direct Debit 359 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 442 8
- Self Assessment Software 685 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 436 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,355 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 263 11
- Owning overseas property 249 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 357 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 696 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 656
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 390
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 276
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 237
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230