Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 419 23
- what time is it ? 242 3
- VAT on disbursement 157 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 981 18
- tax credits 191 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,026 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 79 1
- LLP - Member leaving 183 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 731 21
- Year end 239 3
- Foreign income for self employed 168 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 295 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 307 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,139 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 242 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 610 21
- How would you account for warranty? 179 4
- Sweet Tooth 229 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 206 2
- trading or dormant 135 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 900
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 522
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 316
- Tax efficient holding company structure 253
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 246
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 179
- Charge out rates in London? 154