Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 216 9
- VAT Invoice 168 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 368 6
- General tax book with planning 172 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,243 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 293 11
- Gift of property & improvements 125 2
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 811 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 134 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 232 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 162 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 467 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 385 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 265 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 196 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 260 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 171 4
- SA302's anyone?? 546 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,653 41
- Renting for military reasons 200 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,621
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 512
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 299
- Management expenses for investment company 265
- Bonus Bonds 262
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 175
- tax on apprenticeship income 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 153