Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Spousal transfer and PPR 614 23
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 525 16
- recompense capital input 119 5
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 49 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 699 19
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 86 1
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 408 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,195 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 106 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 178 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 205 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 215 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 975 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 181 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 242 5
- Merging my businesses 221 3
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 481 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 372 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 334 1
- Holiday entitlement 591 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 794
- RTI - duplicate employee record 561
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 412
- Portia ... Where art thou 322
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183