Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Scottish but not UK 292 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 275 10
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 64 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,198 364
- What is the role of an accountant? 399 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 250 1
- P11D Query 144 4
- 100% Xero practice 2,250 40
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 69 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,322 25
- Company Accounts 435 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 87 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 285 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 192 4
- VAT on introducer fees 121 2
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 87 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 205 12
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 325 18
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 286 5
- CIS 355 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 428
- National Insurance 327
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 321
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 240
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152