Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Mortgage Reference 882 15
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 97 1
- RTI offline? 598 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 121 1
- CIS and Xero 271 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 226 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 154 2
- property capital gains 403 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 132 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 290 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 898 9
- Tips on meals 563 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,347 15
- S.455 Tax again 453 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 206 3
- Closing down loss-making company 805 15
- Stumped - IHT 624 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 178 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 504 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 431 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 982
- Members in Public Practice 595
- Oplex Careers CPD 364
- Payroll manager and the cloud 294
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 238
- Institute of Customer Services 238
- Kashflow payroll 228
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 226
- Continuity of Practice 206