Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 40 2
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,535 14
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 95 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 436 7
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 149 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 386 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 151 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 425 13
- Real names 968 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 279 7
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,622 10
- Best apps for clients 167 2
- Theatre as charitable company 136 3
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 280 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 420 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 338 1
- Fixed Assets 181 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 173 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 204 1
- Dividend payment date 2,047 36
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 574
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 443
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 349
- IFA incorporation 329
- Sorry ignore me 288
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 255
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 250
- Cancelled 191
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 160