Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Agent help line - long queues? 202 4
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,682 56
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 76 1
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 38 1
- inflation rate year on year 52 2
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 78 2
- Yorkshire Day 496 33
- Deleted question? 614 15
- SMP reclaimable by employer 250 6
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 257 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 328 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 140 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 337 15
- E-Magazines and pdfs 140 3
- Late annual return 195 2
- Flat rate VAT 360 8
- corporation tax 475 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,132 29
- Dividend dates 685 13
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 131 2
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 569
- Cancelled 454
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 252
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 230
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 222
- More spam 180