Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 202 6
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,546 22
- Terminal loss 148 1
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,766 80
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 482 10
- Dependant Relative 224 3
- Providing registered office address to clients 219 5
- What would you do in this situation? 314 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,504 49
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 431 14
- Foster Care 115 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 792 33
- TOMS - Travel Agents 56 1
- Insurance Claim & VAT 98 1
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 277 5
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 140 2
- HMRC Money Laundering Visit 587 3
- Dividend Payments 509 12
- Employed clients and expenses 897 18
- More HMRC on gov.uk 681 12
- Bonus Bonds 397
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 393
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 304
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 265
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 205
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 197
- Company Car Lease 173
- Finance Lease 162
- Form 42 156
- Demerger Reserve 136