Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Historical figures for WTC 17 1
- Dress code 1,345 30
- Entrepeneurs relief 123 8
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 63 1
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 102 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,243 14
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 124 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 406 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,103 16
- Scottish Independance 614 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 98 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 244 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 414 6
- WC's and capital allowances 85 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 234 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 857 10
- carry back of gift aid 121 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 133 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 394 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 724 19
- CTA study material 752
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 466
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 354
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 243
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 143
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140