Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 260 5
- See you all on the other side 460 6
- 12Pay 200 2
- dividends 243 2
- R&D 183 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,033 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 328 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 234 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 175 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 423 5
- Seeking a tax case 442 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 308 4
- Companies house strike off 258 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 221 2
- Moving to the cloud 656 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 179 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 788 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 165 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,012 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 371 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 530
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 400
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 357
- IRIS and FRS 102 333
- Capitalising Finance Lease 297
- USA help 295
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 256
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 254
- Capital gains on rental property 236
- Sage Coretime 220