Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 713 15
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 152 8
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 214 6
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,874 26
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 235 8
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 459 13
- Your fondest calculator memories 859 32
- Capital or revenue expense? 179 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 257 11
- Vat threshold issues 352 9
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 169 4
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 332 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 829 12
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 728 15
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 870 18
- Who can I refer leads to? 504 11
- Quickbooks Online stock 36 1
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 178 4
- Growing pains 452 8
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 443 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 459
- CTA study material 435
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 307
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 292
- Pre incorp expenses 285
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 249
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 237
- Slight twist on employment related securities 215
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 199
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 186