Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- R&D claim 49 3
- indexation factors 79 3
- Fee protection 1,088 25
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,702 56
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 372 8
- Drector renting room to company 211 4
- Received a CIS invoice 271 9
- DLA interest query. 2,941 66
- VAT invoice 217 9
- claim fees with out without VAT? 150 3
- How to print invoice payment history Sage 50 Pro 53 2
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 221 10
- Accounting for software development costs 240 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 240 7
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 422 5
- Anyone done ATT? 246 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 81 1
- Bereavment payment 349 4
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,693 13
- LLP Salaried Partners 151 1
- Xtuple 575
- Qtac payroll for bureau 403
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 351
- Domain name sale and limited company 250
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 239
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 223
- Tax on damages received 202
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 197
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 163