Does Intuit's QuickBooks Online move validate Cloud computing?
I'm just preparing an article now about Intuit's QuickBooks Online beta test programme. I've not signed up myself yet and am just collecting details, but with the online vacuum among the market leaders, I was wondering if the new version will open a few more doors for Cloud computing in accountancy.
If you are a QuickBooks user, are you likely to take part in the beta programme? And would you consider taking on the online version?
If you're not a QuickBooks user, does the fact that the #2 player in the desktop accounting market have a web-based version in the offing make any difference to you?
I ask because we've identified the strong hold of Sage and QuickBooks in the software market as one of the barriers to progress of Cloud accounting. If the QuickBooks experiment can win converts, I was wondering whether that would overcome some of the concerns about Cloud applications that have been voiced in the past by AccountingWEB members.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 232 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 161 6
- Start up allowance? 463 13
- Old CGT loss 325 9
- New Starter Checklist 305 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 439 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 811 22
- Goodwill complications 350 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 588 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 256 3
- HMRC Distraint 247 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 211 2
- Will I need to resign? 700 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 134 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 391 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 459 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,050 16
- How to explain this to someone 281 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,428 20
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 669 15
- TheTax Donut 1,071
- Follower cases 512
- Hive up 446
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 413
- corporate hierarchy 405
- LIVE chat, starting now 389
- Advice - 224
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 198
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 182