Does my client need to register for PAYE?
I have a client who operates a chalet rental business in France. They pay their seasonal staff below the LEL of £97pw. However, they also provide some benefits to the employees such as accommodation (necessary for the job), a couple of meals a week, ski passes and ski insurance.
Does my client need to operate PAYE? I understand that if all your staff are paid below the LEL, then registration for PAYE is not necessary but not sure if this is still the case if benefits are also provided.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
- flat rate scheme 819 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 573 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 111 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 236 1
- CIS online 160 3
- Class IV NIC 167 3
- bookkeeping system 194 4
- Company van paid by director 109 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,566 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 132 3
- Private company division 98 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 303 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 639 7
- Split year treatment ? 120 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 277 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 109 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 209 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 250 3
- Special dividends & CGT 311 2