Does new trader get double AIA?
I am unclear as to how much AIA this new trader is entitled to for the one month's trading falling into 10/11...
May - Aug 2008: pretrading capital expenditure of £1,305. (AIA maximum £50k for 08/09 applies to this expenditure)
There was a delay in being able to start the business, and the unused equipment was brought into use on 1/3/11.
A van was purchased at the beginning of March 2011 for £12,592. (AIA maximum £100k for 10/11 applies to this expenditure)
Is he allowed a twelfth of 50k, a twelfth of 100k, or some combination of the two?
What a nightmare CAs have become!
- Payment plans for clients 291 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 92 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 202 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 479 14
- Employee steeling client data 138 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,364 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 193 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 136 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 94 1
- CT600 279 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 221 4
- signature required 917 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 204 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 343 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 335 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 170 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 92 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 158 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 106 1
- Lease 154 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 858
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 554
- Credit where credit's due....... 343
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 235
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 194
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 185
- Director's business mileage 154
- Sole trader CPD 147