Does new trader get double AIA?
I am unclear as to how much AIA this new trader is entitled to for the one month's trading falling into 10/11...
May - Aug 2008: pretrading capital expenditure of £1,305. (AIA maximum £50k for 08/09 applies to this expenditure)
There was a delay in being able to start the business, and the unused equipment was brought into use on 1/3/11.
A van was purchased at the beginning of March 2011 for £12,592. (AIA maximum £100k for 10/11 applies to this expenditure)
Is he allowed a twelfth of 50k, a twelfth of 100k, or some combination of the two?
What a nightmare CAs have become!
- The importance of Grammar 1,285 38
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 101 3
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,343 37
- Profit split from an investment property 133 5
- VAT - How hard is it? 692 25
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 87 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 263 6
- tax saving on card points 227 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 908 14
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 249 9
- Scissors 861 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 432 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 443 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 232 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 116 2
- Xero Pain Points 496 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 336 8
- VAT and Groups 83 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,951 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 223 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 370
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 306
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 294
- Electric Car 249
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 214
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 200
- Company Structure 194
- VAT and customer entertaining 175