Does new trader get double AIA?
I am unclear as to how much AIA this new trader is entitled to for the one month's trading falling into 10/11...
May - Aug 2008: pretrading capital expenditure of £1,305. (AIA maximum £50k for 08/09 applies to this expenditure)
There was a delay in being able to start the business, and the unused equipment was brought into use on 1/3/11.
A van was purchased at the beginning of March 2011 for £12,592. (AIA maximum £100k for 10/11 applies to this expenditure)
Is he allowed a twelfth of 50k, a twelfth of 100k, or some combination of the two?
What a nightmare CAs have become!
- Transfer shares to son 15 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,148 454
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 588 11
- Devolved HMRC? 100 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,763 11
- capital gains on PPR 344 18
- 100% Xero practice 2,597 49
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,563 33
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 736 29
- PAYE 255 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 207 2
- Working from home - time apportionment 187 1
- incorrect PAYE statements 249 3
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 130 1
- Cloud based payroll sofware? 498 8
- Does anyone use quotation software? 158 2
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 451 5
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 349 10
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 454 10
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 392 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,327
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 488
- National Insurance 378
- Non Resident 302
- Franchise income and costs 267
- Hands on experience of Digita 223
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 198
- Employer's Helpline 171
- employment capital allowances 167
- CIS paid under reg 9 162