Does new trader get double AIA?
I am unclear as to how much AIA this new trader is entitled to for the one month's trading falling into 10/11...
May - Aug 2008: pretrading capital expenditure of £1,305. (AIA maximum £50k for 08/09 applies to this expenditure)
There was a delay in being able to start the business, and the unused equipment was brought into use on 1/3/11.
A van was purchased at the beginning of March 2011 for £12,592. (AIA maximum £100k for 10/11 applies to this expenditure)
Is he allowed a twelfth of 50k, a twelfth of 100k, or some combination of the two?
What a nightmare CAs have become!
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,672 56
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 675 25
- missing 801 18
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 28 1
- Self-employed b/f losses 61 2
- Know it alls (who don't) 781 19
- VAT on motor expenses 986 36
- Incorporation with pending court case 138 3
- Reposted question 88 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 256 7
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 270 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 187 3
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 356 17
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 146 3
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 527 11
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 103 3
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 265 4
- Share swap 457 17
- CIS Deductions 165 6
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,861 28
- Skandia using wrong address 1,567
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 866
- International interest certificate 477
- NOVA 333
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 245
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 221
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 212
- Help with tax codes on Sage 167
- Capital reduction 158