Does new trader get double AIA?
I am unclear as to how much AIA this new trader is entitled to for the one month's trading falling into 10/11...
May - Aug 2008: pretrading capital expenditure of £1,305. (AIA maximum £50k for 08/09 applies to this expenditure)
There was a delay in being able to start the business, and the unused equipment was brought into use on 1/3/11.
A van was purchased at the beginning of March 2011 for £12,592. (AIA maximum £100k for 10/11 applies to this expenditure)
Is he allowed a twelfth of 50k, a twelfth of 100k, or some combination of the two?
What a nightmare CAs have become!
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 83 2
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 337 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 157 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 287 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 120 5
- Excel query 174 3
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,067 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 173 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 51 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,347 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 570 9
- Payment on account penalties 173 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,709 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 113 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 124 1
- Does IR35 apply? 122 1
- Sage data 120 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 428 9
- Limited company buying a car 368 6
- Funding Circle experience 178 3
- CTA study material 810
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 465
- Employment related securities question 327
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 244
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162