Does new trader get double AIA?
I am unclear as to how much AIA this new trader is entitled to for the one month's trading falling into 10/11...
May - Aug 2008: pretrading capital expenditure of £1,305. (AIA maximum £50k for 08/09 applies to this expenditure)
There was a delay in being able to start the business, and the unused equipment was brought into use on 1/3/11.
A van was purchased at the beginning of March 2011 for £12,592. (AIA maximum £100k for 10/11 applies to this expenditure)
Is he allowed a twelfth of 50k, a twelfth of 100k, or some combination of the two?
What a nightmare CAs have become!
- Deleted question? 725 19
- Accounts Question 89 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,167 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,931 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 694 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,389 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,918 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 644 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 432 4
- VAT Return Errors 170 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 118 5
- inflation rate year on year 145 3
- Yorkshire Day 597 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 183 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 179 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 379 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 146 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 292 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 237 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 153 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 386
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 261
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 230
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 151