Does new trader get double AIA?
I am unclear as to how much AIA this new trader is entitled to for the one month's trading falling into 10/11...
May - Aug 2008: pretrading capital expenditure of £1,305. (AIA maximum £50k for 08/09 applies to this expenditure)
There was a delay in being able to start the business, and the unused equipment was brought into use on 1/3/11.
A van was purchased at the beginning of March 2011 for £12,592. (AIA maximum £100k for 10/11 applies to this expenditure)
Is he allowed a twelfth of 50k, a twelfth of 100k, or some combination of the two?
What a nightmare CAs have become!
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 107 2
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 174 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 237 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 354 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 304 9
- Merging my businesses 98 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,536 61
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,680 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 511 16
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 137 4
- VAT on commercial property 123 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,008 49
- deceased creditor 181 5
- Corporate member of LLP 272 1
- Investment company 264 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 331 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 213 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 366 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 105 1
- Transfer of stock 362 12
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 531
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 403
- Sage Vat return box 2 305
- Sanzar 302
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 272
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 241
- Report old income 239