Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- first year company tax return for a limited company 173 5
- Real names 1,243 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 400 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 96 1
- Expenses Apps 155 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 168 4
- Quick Easy Quote 245 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,793 29
- Solicitor accounts 63 1
- Unallocated client money 237 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 207 2
- change of office address 129 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 229 3
- Incorporation Relief 131 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 108 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 357 4
- Furniture Rental Business 102 2
- Client Death 555 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 199 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 357 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 605
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 482
- Sorry ignore me 382
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 281
- Cancelled 244
- Cancelled 217
- Bartercard 175
- C79 Discrepancy 170
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 162