Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 913 44
- Tier One Tribunal 115 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 809 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 113 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 76 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 246 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 132 2
- Another transfer of property 125 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 210 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 105 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 565 11
- LEL and PAYE registration 99 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 173 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 180 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 557 14
- SA316s 222 3
- Swiching tax 546 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 536 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 397 11
- Start-up cost recognition 134 1
- Construction CIS LLP Company 612
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 595
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 389
- Pensions Regulator 357
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 294
- Using the correct forms 268
- RTI - duplicate employee record 264
- SA penalty proposals 258
- Accelerated payment notices 238
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 235