Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,385 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 334 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 579 11
- calculate mortgage interest 116 1
- Auto enrolment 1,645 27
- AIA 204 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 586 27
- Depreciation 162 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 135 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 224 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 183 3
- client can't/won't pay 451 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 205 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 257 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 270 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,194 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 277 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 220 5
- HMRC SA software error? 190 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 178 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 792
- Copy Wanted 505
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 463
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 456
- Latest phishing scam 294
- Entrepreneurs' relief 282
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 276
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 257
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 245
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 242