Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 103 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 72 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 384 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,435 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 178 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 459 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 131 3
- What would you do in this situation? 198 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 148 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 621 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 651 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 106 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 350 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 251 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 223 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 418 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 285 10
- Regional Development Grant 135 4
- Bonus Bonds 395
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 385
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 298
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 262
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 192
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 190
- Company Car Lease 164
- Finance Lease 159
- Form 42 153
- Demerger Reserve 133