Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- Know it alls (who don't) 416 12
- Share swap 375 12
- CIC accounts submission 54 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 575 20
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 50 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 199 5
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 407 9
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 259 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,488 44
- What does it mean?? 460 12
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 1,042 13
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 229 4
- VAT & Landlords 206 6
- Make an adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 nic 102 2
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 170 5
- Tax advice person/business 251 2
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 729 15
- Extraction of Factory from Trading Company and Leaseback 104 3
- Loan write off by Company 104 2
- Late P45 148 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,563
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 860
- International interest certificate 475
- NOVA 332
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 245
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 234
- Management expenses for investment company 223
- Bonus Bonds 216
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 203
- Check my logic on this please? 186