Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 343 7
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 341 8
- BrightPay 649 21
- SDLT on leases 120 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 355 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 910 26
- Gift or Capital Gain? 341 10
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 280 4
- Abolish the penalty regime 108 3
- IHT Query 151 3
- Statutary sick pay 190 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 275 4
- Director Salary 357 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 300 7
- Capital Gain? 429 11
- Reversing out RTI 198 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 307 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 284 6
- Classic cars investment 250 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 389 7
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 422
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 363
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 218
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 215
- Clubs and Taxable Income 209
- Income tax on foreign dividends 197
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 192
- New Fangled Penalties 169