Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- rti 193 7
- PAYE Refunds from HMRC 103 2
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 110 1
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 154 3
- Undeclared rental income 149 4
- Drop box Storage 765 8
- Cash injection by shareholder 657 9
- Another goodwill question ....... 218 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 201 6
- FIFA game and making money 1,727 15
- Drop Down Boxes 99 1
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 377 7
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 247 4
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 761 21
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,293 497
- Property management company Online returns 89 1
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 121 3
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 329 9
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,125 45
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 416 19
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,399
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 533
- National Insurance 436
- Non Resident 325
- Hands on experience of Digita 254
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 236
- Employer's Helpline 191
- CIS paid under reg 9 190
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 157
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 156