Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 55 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 212 10
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 33 1
- Wrong tax code 127 5
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,044 31
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 635 11
- Deferred Tax 455 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 201 1
- You know its over 470 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 238 1
- Benefit in Kind 217 5
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 141 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 220 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,263 14
- Cocaine anyone? 606 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 139 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 178 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 300 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 495 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,303 8
- Hive up 508
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 472
- corporate hierarchy 449
- Advice - 288
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 234
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 167
- UK State pension paid in NZ 161