Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 117 2
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 102 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 883 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 218 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 124 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 250 7
- New Email Extensions 129 1
- SA302 198 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,089 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 273 2
- Dental practice incorpration 124 1
- Audit rules 160 4
- Go Cardless 276 8
- business entertaining deductibility 145 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 171 2
- R & D 109 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 90 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 184 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 164 1
- New Business Registration 222 5
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- Mehjoo 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154