Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- Personal allowance for non-resident 53 2
- Virtually Impossible 227 6
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 285 7
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,524 114
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 134 2
- Brightpay 70 1
- Transfer of stock 46 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 171 5
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 39 1
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,073 8
- Newly Started Practice 567 12
- SSP days and Holidays 129 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 515 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 341 7
- error on companies house accounts 514 14
- Is there a reporting requirement? 139 1
- Clients 399 6
- Home to Office 264 5
- Investment property? 180 3
- Property income 149 2
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 460
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 428
- EPS and CIS deductions 275
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 261
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 183
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174