Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- Directors exempt from AE? 479 9
- The importance of Grammar 1,537 50
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 527 20
- VAT reverse charge on consulting from EC 85 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 103 3
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 111 1
- VAT Reclaim 156 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 216 2
- Employment Allowance 135 2
- How much do you pay for Xero? 190 1
- exemptions from CIS 164 3
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 213 1
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 146 3
- Using Xero with Barclays & Lloyds and multi company usage 360 3
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,513 52
- Option to tax by two individuals "together" not as a Ltd company 166 2
- Cut-off accounting question 343 7
- Freehold management company 93 1
- account in joint names - gift? 201 3
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 524 10
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 391
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 344
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 326
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 309
- Electric Car 264
- S222 Charge 228
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 224
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 209
- Company Structure 202
- IP trans to holding company 162