Enterprise Investment Scheme - Is it better to have the inventor of the project as a director or is it OK to be just a shreholder......
My clent has basically given the idea to a Ltd Company (ownership and royalty rights) in exchange for shares. The company is now in the process of attracting investors.
The investment company that has been putting the whole deal together has insisted that he must become a director of the company but my client has insisted that he does not want to. This finance company is insiting that without him as director then the whole investment is in jeopardy.
My client feels that he is being bullied into something he does not want to do. He does have a major shareholding in the company and he is of the opinion that this should be enough for the investors concerned and sees no extra benefit to him being a director.
He has comitted himself to working for 2.5 days per week for the company until the project is ready for market.
Which one of these people is right? Does he need to be a director or can he be what he wants - a consultant with a comitment of 2.5 days per week.
- CGT on Let Property 319 6
- Company investment 127 4
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 48 1
- What is your favourite font? 321 10
- Gift to son by parents 326 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,188 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 116 4
- Strike off 159 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 449 7
- New CASC rules 118 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 266 2
- When to register or not for PAYE 247 3
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 141 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 245 6
- valuation of vehicles 530 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 102 1
- RTI Mess 606 10
- directors loan 508 9
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,579 81
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 553 23
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 336
- Any thoughts on Capium? 287
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 268
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 239
- auto enrolment 216
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 197
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 188
- How to account for investment in JV? 174
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 164