EIS carry back, Income Tax relief
A qualifying investment is made in the first 6 months of 2005-06 tax year, and it is desired to elect for 50% of it to be treated as if paid in 2004-05 for the purposes of claiming IT relief.
Box 15.4 seems to give no option to divide a total pay between amount for current year and amount related back, but the tax calculation for current year is based on this box so we assume that the entry in this box is net of amounts related back.
Full details of the claim and amounts related back are included in the white space, but if we complete box 18.5 with the taxation effect of the carry back then it fails online validation on the grounds that there has been no carry back of losses or of pension contributions nor farmers averaging. It does not seem to recognise that a carry back of EIS relief is available.
Does this sound right?
- Sage Priority Support 95 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 685 18
- incorrect old p60 121 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 486 4
- VAT on new builds 116 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 346 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 125 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 118 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 137 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,841 26
- Missing tax return 178 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 920 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 276 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 163 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 557 18
- Physiotherapy 246 3
- Inflation and fees 1,219 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 170 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 284 8
- CGT help please 151 1