EIS carry back, Income Tax relief
A qualifying investment is made in the first 6 months of 2005-06 tax year, and it is desired to elect for 50% of it to be treated as if paid in 2004-05 for the purposes of claiming IT relief.
Box 15.4 seems to give no option to divide a total pay between amount for current year and amount related back, but the tax calculation for current year is based on this box so we assume that the entry in this box is net of amounts related back.
Full details of the claim and amounts related back are included in the white space, but if we complete box 18.5 with the taxation effect of the carry back then it fails online validation on the grounds that there has been no carry back of losses or of pension contributions nor farmers averaging. It does not seem to recognise that a carry back of EIS relief is available.
Does this sound right?
- Xerocon 2016 865 16
- last minute request 370 5
- 64-8's amazingly quick 87 3
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 279 3
- Personal Tax 312 9
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,216 46
- Practical experience 880 16
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,896 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 259 2
- Mortgage Reference 236 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 190 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 445 9
- VAT 313 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 260 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 239 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1
- Cash gift from India 515 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 505 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 162 2