Employer settles Self Assessment liability on BIK
An employer provided an employee with a living accomodation benefit. The value is worked out and put on the 2009 P11D and SA return of the employee. The Company agrees to settle the SA liability on 31 January 2010 and the payment on account for 2009/10 and does so.
The benefit in kind of the SA payment on 31 January needs to be reported on the 2010 P11D. Am I correct under Section B not M as this is an employee not a Director and no beneficial interest in the company.
My fear is that there may be a grossing up issue or does this only apply to tax not deducted on remuneration excluding tax on BIKs.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,406 26
- Employment allowance changes 155 6
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 710 13
- Voluntary dissolution of company 268 5
- Bankstream 958 23
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 213 2
- Excel - Sage Integrated Reporting 128 1
- Inter Company Loans 25 1
- Software that posts COGS? 552 13
- Xerocon 2016 526 9
- Disengagement Help! 322 12
- VAT on online services 208 2
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 24 1
- Excel budget templates - help 482 2
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 444 18
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 671 27
- An IT question 104 3
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 251 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,031 42
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 338 4