Employer settles Self Assessment liability on BIK
An employer provided an employee with a living accomodation benefit. The value is worked out and put on the 2009 P11D and SA return of the employee. The Company agrees to settle the SA liability on 31 January 2010 and the payment on account for 2009/10 and does so.
The benefit in kind of the SA payment on 31 January needs to be reported on the 2010 P11D. Am I correct under Section B not M as this is an employee not a Director and no beneficial interest in the company.
My fear is that there may be a grossing up issue or does this only apply to tax not deducted on remuneration excluding tax on BIKs.
- Old CGT loss 225 4
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 958 14
- Trade creditor journal 28 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 387 9
- How much of your work is admin? 640 6
- HMRC Distraint 84 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 140 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 216 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 418 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 126 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,369 42
- Nominal Ledger 393 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 596 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 192 2
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 216 3
- Paper tax return 174 4
- Start up allowance? 391 12
- Will I need to resign? 249 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 256 3
- AIA or IFA 461 7