Employer settles Self Assessment liability on BIK
An employer provided an employee with a living accomodation benefit. The value is worked out and put on the 2009 P11D and SA return of the employee. The Company agrees to settle the SA liability on 31 January 2010 and the payment on account for 2009/10 and does so.
The benefit in kind of the SA payment on 31 January needs to be reported on the 2010 P11D. Am I correct under Section B not M as this is an employee not a Director and no beneficial interest in the company.
My fear is that there may be a grossing up issue or does this only apply to tax not deducted on remuneration excluding tax on BIKs.
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 121 3
- flat rate scheme 1,924 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 268 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 127 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 635 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 140 3
- Company Share Buy Back 135 2
- Charitable Payment 207 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 939 15
- Unpaid share capital 258 3
- Company car in the LLP 191 2
- Physiotherapy 344 4
- New build property to be rented 187 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,886 52
- Hello 362 2
- Sage 200 question 125 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 119 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 196 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 197 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 229 4