Employer settles Self Assessment liability on BIK
An employer provided an employee with a living accomodation benefit. The value is worked out and put on the 2009 P11D and SA return of the employee. The Company agrees to settle the SA liability on 31 January 2010 and the payment on account for 2009/10 and does so.
The benefit in kind of the SA payment on 31 January needs to be reported on the 2010 P11D. Am I correct under Section B not M as this is an employee not a Director and no beneficial interest in the company.
My fear is that there may be a grossing up issue or does this only apply to tax not deducted on remuneration excluding tax on BIKs.
- Insovent companies 840 18
- Rounding errors on CT600 101 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,285 48
- BrightPay quirks 155 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 83 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 780 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,165 31
- Website Content 71 1
- Mortgage Reference 469 5
- Personal Tax 611 12
- New Build 142 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 110 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 143 1
- USA Tax Query 277 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 422 5
- last minute request 629 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 330 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 363 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,721 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 984 6