Employer settles Self Assessment liability on BIK
An employer provided an employee with a living accomodation benefit. The value is worked out and put on the 2009 P11D and SA return of the employee. The Company agrees to settle the SA liability on 31 January 2010 and the payment on account for 2009/10 and does so.
The benefit in kind of the SA payment on 31 January needs to be reported on the 2010 P11D. Am I correct under Section B not M as this is an employee not a Director and no beneficial interest in the company.
My fear is that there may be a grossing up issue or does this only apply to tax not deducted on remuneration excluding tax on BIKs.
- New Starter Checklist 229 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 405 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 743 22
- Goodwill complications 323 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 513 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 215 3
- HMRC Distraint 213 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 191 2
- Will I need to resign? 636 9
- Old CGT loss 296 8
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 109 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 359 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 420 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,037 16
- How to explain this to someone 213 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,417 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 146 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 633 15
- Charges for VAT MOSS 224 1
- Limited company purchase of property 509 4