Employer settles Self Assessment liability on BIK
An employer provided an employee with a living accomodation benefit. The value is worked out and put on the 2009 P11D and SA return of the employee. The Company agrees to settle the SA liability on 31 January 2010 and the payment on account for 2009/10 and does so.
The benefit in kind of the SA payment on 31 January needs to be reported on the 2010 P11D. Am I correct under Section B not M as this is an employee not a Director and no beneficial interest in the company.
My fear is that there may be a grossing up issue or does this only apply to tax not deducted on remuneration excluding tax on BIKs.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 975 27
- Inflation and fees 1,300 24
- Sage Priority Support 141 3
- incorrect old p60 249 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 126 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 798 24
- Micro-entity accounts 82 1
- Related party disclosure 144 3
- Company reconstruction 73 1
- Missing tax return 254 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 209 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 104 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 137 1
- Advice please! 386 2
- VAT on new builds 154 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 119 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 349 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,944 28
- Redundancy Pay 446 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 736 6