Employer settles Self Assessment liability on BIK
An employer provided an employee with a living accomodation benefit. The value is worked out and put on the 2009 P11D and SA return of the employee. The Company agrees to settle the SA liability on 31 January 2010 and the payment on account for 2009/10 and does so.
The benefit in kind of the SA payment on 31 January needs to be reported on the 2010 P11D. Am I correct under Section B not M as this is an employee not a Director and no beneficial interest in the company.
My fear is that there may be a grossing up issue or does this only apply to tax not deducted on remuneration excluding tax on BIKs.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 343
- Set up a company pension 280
- RTI Fees 266
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 242
- Where's our 10%? 239
- Driving sales growth 210
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 204
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 204
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 200
- CIS late registration 195
- EIS 194
- Regiatration of a Trust 194
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 186
- Break up basis accounting 180
- Best structure 174
- Accounts production software for business SSC 170
- Property owned privately 165
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 162
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 154
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 145