There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,171 41
- Flat Rate VAT 244 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 705 15
- Practice software 1,183 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 310 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 535 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 491 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 235 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 569 8
- Redundancy pay 323 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 235 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 262 5
- Servicing AE fees 184 2
- VAT Receipts 275 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 165 2
- P800 problems again 121 1
- Company accounts for £350 992 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 443 12
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 157 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 238 5
- FRS 101 Software 338
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 308
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 274
- French ConnectionUK 241
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 216
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 203
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 202
- APN's 187
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 184