There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Incorporated when they should not have 141 6
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 57 2
- Tax position re this lease? 330 8
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 291 5
- AWeb - download file 76 2
- pension paid by company? 298 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 714 17
- Late annual return 86 1
- Charity work 193 10
- Company Director In Prison 342 8
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 206 12
- HMRC Agents Line 90 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 167 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,674 60
- inheritance tax 558 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 157 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 63 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 618 21
- SA Agent's Priority Line 158 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 774 24
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 671
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 495
- Cancelled 423
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 360
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 321
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 213
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 196