There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,948 36
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 570 8
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 788 20
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 479 11
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 214 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 222 5
- Classic cars investment 320 9
- Gift or Capital Gain? 439 13
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 641 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 218 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,152 29
- BrightPay 737 23
- Company strike off and terminal loss relief 119 3
- VAT silly question 2,529 58
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 98 1
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,923 44
- VAT Adjustments 180 5
- Tronc Scheme 115 1
- How much to charge? 413 6
- Sage 2010 data corruption 256 6
- Possible Partnership? 477
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 452
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 441
- New Fangled Penalties 253
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 242
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 241
- Clubs and Taxable Income 232
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 227
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 214
- Loans to other companies 176