There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 288 9
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 238 5
- CT return error message 91 5
- Audit rules 249 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 544 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 246 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 255 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 40 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 278 2
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 68 1
- How do you value an internet based business 835 11
- Capital repayments 74 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 138 1
- business entertaining deductibility 275 2
- Flat Rate VAT 172 1
- SA302 416 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 545 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 420 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 486 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 535 2
- Xtuple 528
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 298
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 226
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 185
- Investment 163
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 142