There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Next Move 566 17
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,572 45
- Owning overseas property 267 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 260 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 173 3
- Company formation and bank account 296 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 661 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 566 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 403 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 210 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 397 8
- OneNote is fantastic 513 11
- VAT Direct Debit 366 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 448 8
- Self Assessment Software 690 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 439 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,360 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 277 11
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 372 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 286 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 660
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 403
- Property letting & CAs 393
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 386
- 2015 tax year end 384
- FCA regulated company in a small group 341
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 284
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 231
- DTA tie-breaker issue 202
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 199