There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,816 43
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 431 16
- Time to ditch Sage? 291 5
- Losses carry forward to self employed 62 1
- Fees 326 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 253 3
- HMRC Post 540 7
- Transactions with directors 454 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 292 9
- Non VAT invoices 217 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 215 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,399 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 261 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 232 2
- Form 17 Download 167 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 566 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 386 4
- HMRC Information notice 1,000 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 287 3
- Accountant Specialization. 405 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 765
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 415
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 366
- Electric Car 302
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 212
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 181
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 180