There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 102 2
- You know its over 195 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 103 3
- Cocaine anyone? 439 8
- Late Registration for VAT 466 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 158 11
- EIS/SEIS 124 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 256 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 393 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 388 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 658 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 523 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 550 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 86 1
- Personal pension 389 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 212 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,194 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 894 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 128 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,504 22
- Hive up 480
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 444
- corporate hierarchy 427
- Advice - 263
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 200
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 165