There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 94 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 54 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 756 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 375 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,433 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 171 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 451 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 125 3
- What would you do in this situation? 192 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 144 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 619 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 650 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 98 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 348 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 249 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 222 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 411 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 282 10
- Regional Development Grant 131 4
- Bonus Bonds 394
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 384
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 296
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 261
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 186
- Company Car Lease 159
- Finance Lease 158
- Form 42 150
- Demerger Reserve 132