There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 77 3
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 584 7
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 490 24
- Do I need to pay my accountant 286 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 142 3
- Lloyds bank ... 410 6
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 258 5
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 368 18
- Limited company buying a car 206 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 476 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 241 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 302 4
- ACCA practice certificates 516 5
- Limited company buying director's car 317 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 101 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 140 1
- WC's and capital allowances 184 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 325 13
- Dress code 1,567 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 486 13
- CTA study material 773
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 402
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 283
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 188
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149