There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Accounts Software 30 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,656 38
- Help with HMRC investigation 161 4
- Director Drawings 68 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 235 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 190 7
- HMRC Agents Line 156 3
- Collection or business assets 74 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 232 8
- Company Director In Prison 400 10
- Tax position re this lease? 357 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 689 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 90 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,640 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 77 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 328 5
- AWeb - download file 131 2
- pension paid by company? 326 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 744 17
- Late annual return 127 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 505
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 364
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 334
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 326
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 198