There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Overlap relief 696 18
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,229 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 156 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 167 4
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 190 4
- VAT Query 148 2
- Sacked my first client 593 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 381 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 194 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,243 24
- Share transfer question 246 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 601 11
- Trades and deadlines 120 3
- How to pay national insurance 641 18
- New Website Look 1,067 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 253 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 221 5
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 153 4
- Marketing and email surprises 345 7
- Am I too soft? 458 13
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 424
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 417
- WIP Software 284
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 217
- No payroll scheme in place 214
- Software recommendations 193
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 193
- Is there anything wrong with this? 184
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 182