There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Sage Vat return box 2 316 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 420 7
- Holiday entitlement 564 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 170 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 412 12
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 330 7
- Spousal transfer and PPR 532 17
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 308 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 118 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 299 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 130 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,883 65
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 918 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 221 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 204 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 423 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 350 9
- Merging my businesses 180 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,744 73
- VAT on commercial property 181 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 787
- RTI - duplicate employee record 548
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sanzar 310
- Portia ... Where art thou 296
- Digital marketing focus group 294
- How do you do it 286
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 266
- Report old income 241