There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 22 1
- Charities sorp - portfolio management fees 173 5
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 296 12
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 357 15
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 367 10
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 84 1
- Easy way to not pay tax 196 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 340 8
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 154 4
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 199 2
- Builder using cash labour 137 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 224 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 446 11
- Was I rude 840 20
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 220 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 299 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 219 6
- Non-compete agreement 195 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 213 1
- Any views 749 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,487
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 827
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 423
- Sale of business 397
- NOVA 301
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 211
- Bonus Bonds 181
- Management expenses for investment company 178
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 172