There is a Sales Agent working at a new housing site.
She is employed and paid a wage by an estate agent.
The builder/developer pays the estate agent a fee for each house sold by the agent.
The builder/developer also pays the agent a commission for each house sold by her - directly to the sales agent (not via the estate agent).
So is this payment employment income? or self employment income?
Is anyone liable for employers NI? if so who?
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,960 45
- Love is in the air 167 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,645 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 237 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 334 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 378 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 487 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 123 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 515 1
- Paying Son 626 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 336 7
- HMRC accounting 250 3
- Employers NI allowance 442 6
- Dividend taxation 256 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 162 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 177 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 150 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 437 4
- iris update 11.9.2 446 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 273 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 274
- CGT for NOn UK residents 270
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 257
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 242
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 229
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 208
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 186