Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- 40% rule for travel expenses 269 5
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,204 62
- capital gains on PPR 65 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,575 430
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 298 6
- Cash injection by shareholder 200 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 252 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 396 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,378 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 335 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 279 8
- PRR 311 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 206 3
- corp tax software 373 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 453 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 481 7
- Which tax box 203 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 168 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 285 3
- References for clients 247 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,300
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 468
- National Insurance 361
- Non Resident 287
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 174
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 153
- CIS paid under reg 9 145