Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,515 70
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,277 19
- HMRC Scam 222 2
- Departments in Sage 50 74 1
- Where has Portia gone? 652 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 196 2
- Rogue Accountant 2,807 45
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 316 4
- Capital Gains? 251 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 92 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 67 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 443 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 118 2
- AIA - new period 216 1
- Self assessment question 1,151 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 371 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 263 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 852 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 439 8
- Ex Wives Club 541 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 770
- RTI - duplicate employee record 502
- Pensions Regulator 437
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 393
- Sanzar 295
- Sage Vat return box 2 295
- Digital marketing focus group 271
- How do you do it 261
- Report old income 224
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 224