Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 281 7
- Capital Gain? 421 11
- IHT Query 94 2
- Reversing out RTI 145 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 863 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 307 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 277 6
- BrightPay 620 18
- Classic cars investment 246 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 243 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 327 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 357 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 280 2
- H&W company 263 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 216 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 178 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 218 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 812 32
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 418
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190