Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- Tax rebate under PAYE, no p60? 19 2
- Generic PAYE notices 206 6
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 366 6
- Ltd company or sole trader 228 9
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 62 1
- Excessive Security 554 23
- Cross Border VAT Reclaims 179 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 609 14
- Fee protection 226 8
- LLP classification of division of profit 137 4
- Changes in NHS pensions 184 1
- Free Agent data? 197 3
- Reusing dissolved company name? 157 2
- deductions for OMB companies 193 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 175 4
- Insolvent Liquidation 117 1
- insolvency ip control 165 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 143 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 550 9
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 94 1
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 202
- Mehjoo 198
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 166
- New strategic report 161
- South African Government Pension 138
- Domain name sale and limited company 137