Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 197 6
- The importance of Grammar 1,905 56
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 531 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 240 8
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 620 12
- Freelance/Employee 422 10
- Freehold management company 158 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 277 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 220 6
- System selection 241 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 150 1
- Director Liability 151 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 192 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 394 4
- exemptions from CIS 271 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 590 10
- Xero Pain Points 662 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 296 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 275 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,735 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 359
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 269
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 231
- S222 Charge 231
- Company Structure 209
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 175
- IP trans to holding company 170