Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- Insurance provider not VAT registered so Out of Scope ? 130 5
- Client right to working papers 1,657 16
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,403 7
- . 188 5
- wills 251 3
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 245 5
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 251 5
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,088 18
- HMRC Online Services Problems 473 12
- Moneysoft Payroll 409 12
- 31st october deadline 172 4
- Self-employed 827 17
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 425 14
- Limited company taking a share in a new limited company 120 3
- Who owns the tax computations - client or accountant ? 675 17
- VAT registration and two trades 230 2
- Seeking advice: Retired self employed working from home 373 6
- VAT on residential properties 302 5
- Microsoft One Drive 824 30
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 557 8
- NHS finance professionals 678
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 415
- Foreign Pension Contribution 386
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 375
- vat gross profit percentage margins 372
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 363
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 316
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 288
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 256
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215