Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- NALS Accountants Report 86 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,456 35
- Legal title not in the company name 257 10
- Dividend dates 550 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 111 3
- Sole properietor 156 4
- transitioning payroll 225 8
- dividend proposals 92 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 221 2
- Deduction from Salary 284 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 179 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,715 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 81 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 433 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 157 2
- 12 Pay Problems 248 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 247 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 91 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 483 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 282
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 230
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 227
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175