Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- App recommended by HMRC for record keeping 30 1
- Excel query 218 7
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 203 6
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 815 23
- Umbrella or limited company? 37 1
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 236 4
- Industrial and Provident Society Accounts Format 57 1
- Payment on account penalties 206 5
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 388 16
- New supplier 212 4
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 350 6
- Buying a horse?? 479 14
- Year End Bank Position 61 1
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 105 2
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 288 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 124 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,086 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 188 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 83 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,380 14
- CTA study material 812
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 501
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 469
- Employment related securities question 328
- AIM Stocks and IHT 314
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 244
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162