Engaged number at Cumbernauld
I received a phone call from a client late Janaury to say he just realised he had paid the Company CT payment due 01 February 2011, using his SA payslip!
On Janaury 31, I rang the agent line and they agreed to arrange to remove it from the SA account and arrange to go to the CT account. His online SA account shows the money transfered out of the SA account on 03 Febraury, but the company CT account has not been credited. On Monday 14 Feb I spoke to the agent line, who said I should speak to the CT office which I did. They in turn told me to ring Cumbernauld, and warned me it was very difficult to get through as they had problems when they had tried too.
I am now on my fourth day of trying, and the telephone is permanantly engaged. The only time it is not is in the evening when there is a message to say the office is closed!
Anyone ever managed to speak to them?
Should I write a letter to them, does anyone know if they act on correspondence?
(I edited this to Cumbernauld from Cumberland - however I was tempted to leave it - as "sausages" may have been more apt!)
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 160 3
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 91 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 165 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 807 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 520 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 684 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 299 16
- Personal pension 434 9
- Business rates consultancy 262 4
- Wrong tax code 169 6
- Benefit in Kind 249 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 82 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 275 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,055 31
- Deferred Tax 473 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 206 1
- You know its over 488 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 243 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 235 3
- Hive up 511
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 452
- Advice - 292
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 237
- WWOOFers 231
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 193
- The booking.com con 170
- UK State pension paid in NZ 163