My Ltd Company client has has an employer compliance visit. In the accounts there is staff entertaining, other entertaining and subsistence.
Subsistence and staff entertaining have been claimed in the company;'s tax comps.
Other entertaining has been added back.
No enries were made on forms P11d.
During the ECR the compliance officer has asked for evidence of the entertainment expenditure to confirm that it has a genuine business motive. By evidence I mean for each item (there are hundreds) she wants the following:
Date of expenditure
These can be ascertained from the receipts so no particular problem there. Also:
Name of persons entertained
Name of organisation represented
Position in organisation represented
Nature of business discussed
I would think that my client will tell me when we meet that they did not record this information.
In which case the compliance officer will assess for PAYE/NI.
However, as these costs were added back in the tax comp is there not an element of double taxation? Will the compliance officer take this into account? Or is it correct to amend the tax comps? Or will in fact the compliance officer say hard luck they didn't follow procedure?
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 214 4
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 77 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,462 34
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 54 3
- Discretionary trust reporting 74 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 600 15
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 71 1
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 383 7
- Benchmark Scale Rates 50 1
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 50 1
- Rollover relief and private use 96 2
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 211 3
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 848 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,812 72
- SAGE con 348 7
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 113 2
- Which software for practice books? 562 20
- Related Parties Note 770 10
- Dazed & confused 405 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 139 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,056
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 565
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 374
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 283
- Charge out rates in London? 227
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 218
- Personal consumption by landlord 194
- Interest on Loan to a Company 181
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 161
- Agent fees to sell business 150