Entrepreneurs relief anomoly?
I have read that there were no changes to the entrepreneurs relief in the emergency budget. Great what a relief as there is a deal on the table for a Client which is now unchanged.
However, since I have then read that where loan notes are taken for part or all of the consideration then the cashing in of these would not be eligible to the ER and would be charged at 18/28%.
So if my client sold the shares now for say £1.1m and received 1/3 now with the rest as loans payable in 2 further instalments would this be caught?
I was of the understanding that we would calculate the full gain and capital gains tax due on the first instalment and the loans for the further 2 would just be repaying the loans given. They would not be negotiable instruments just almost Directors loan accounts I guess.......
- Victor Meldrew morning 960 16
- Foreign income for self employed 143 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 683 20
- tax credits 155 6
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 259 9
- LLP - Member leaving 150 6
- what time is it ? 97 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 263 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,063 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 229 4
- Year end 164 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 578 21
- How would you account for warranty? 163 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 405 22
- Sweet Tooth 193 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 181 2
- trading or dormant 121 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 132 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 573 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 277 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 880
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 168