is entrepreneurs relief available in conjunction with an ESC C16 liquidation and is it available where client maybe deceased
Client has terminal cancer and one of the options that he is keen on is to liquidate the company that he is 50% shareholder of such that funds are realised and then distributed but using ESC C16.
I know this may not be the most sensible option in terms of inheritence tax but its what he wants so on that basis. I wondered whether entrepreneurs relief is available in conjunction with using ESC C16 and in addition, given the potentially short timescales, are there any issues in terms of my client becoming deceased whereby such a claim would no longer be available?
Assuming the ESC C16 route is taken, what is the effective date of a distribution for capital gains tax purposes ?
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 70 2
- flat rate scheme 2,315 47
- Signed accounts for bank 629 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 820 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 117 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 285 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 148 5
- VAT Query on new build 85 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 131 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 139 4
- Family Partnership 228 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 77 1
- P11D Car Value 251 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 703 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,499 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,222 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 288 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,103 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 175 1