is entrepreneurs relief available in conjunction with an ESC C16 liquidation and is it available where client maybe deceased
Client has terminal cancer and one of the options that he is keen on is to liquidate the company that he is 50% shareholder of such that funds are realised and then distributed but using ESC C16.
I know this may not be the most sensible option in terms of inheritence tax but its what he wants so on that basis. I wondered whether entrepreneurs relief is available in conjunction with using ESC C16 and in addition, given the potentially short timescales, are there any issues in terms of my client becoming deceased whereby such a claim would no longer be available?
Assuming the ESC C16 route is taken, what is the effective date of a distribution for capital gains tax purposes ?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 118 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 367 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 76 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 575 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 209 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 183 3
- Paper tax return 159 4
- Start up allowance? 384 12
- Will I need to resign? 208 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 248 3
- AIA or IFA 459 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 645 9
- Late Registration for VAT 365 11