is entrepreneurs relief available in conjunction with an ESC C16 liquidation and is it available where client maybe deceased
Client has terminal cancer and one of the options that he is keen on is to liquidate the company that he is 50% shareholder of such that funds are realised and then distributed but using ESC C16.
I know this may not be the most sensible option in terms of inheritence tax but its what he wants so on that basis. I wondered whether entrepreneurs relief is available in conjunction with using ESC C16 and in addition, given the potentially short timescales, are there any issues in terms of my client becoming deceased whereby such a claim would no longer be available?
Assuming the ESC C16 route is taken, what is the effective date of a distribution for capital gains tax purposes ?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 827 21
- Gift aid procedure please? 466 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 183 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 235 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,250 35
- Mortgage Reference 569 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 283 7
- Insovent companies 889 19
- New Build 228 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,301 48
- BrightPay quirks 256 2
- Website Content 203 1
- Personal Tax 637 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 213 1
- USA Tax Query 324 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 443 5
- last minute request 666 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 376 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 410 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,752 25