Entrepreneurs relief - ltd co
I have a client who wants to form a ltd co but it worried about not getting entrepreneurs relief when selling the business. He;s not planning on selling the business for a while but has to assume for now the same measures will be in place.
I know if he sold his shares he would get entrepreneurs relief but if he didn't sell the company and just sold the business, ceasing the company at the same time is there any scope for getting any relief as an associated asset on the goodwill payment he would receive for the client base and if so how do this work?
Any help appreciated.
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 661 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 691 19
- Sage Priority Support 95 2
- incorrect old p60 124 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 486 4
- VAT on new builds 118 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 347 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 125 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 118 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 138 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,844 26
- Missing tax return 180 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 920 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 276 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 165 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 557 18
- Physiotherapy 246 3
- Inflation and fees 1,219 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 170 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 284 8