Entrepreneurs relief - ltd co
I have a client who wants to form a ltd co but it worried about not getting entrepreneurs relief when selling the business. He;s not planning on selling the business for a while but has to assume for now the same measures will be in place.
I know if he sold his shares he would get entrepreneurs relief but if he didn't sell the company and just sold the business, ceasing the company at the same time is there any scope for getting any relief as an associated asset on the goodwill payment he would receive for the client base and if so how do this work?
Any help appreciated.
- Mortgage Reference 421 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,244 45
- Xerocon 2016 1,110 29
- New Build 99 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 79 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 717 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 95 1
- USA Tax Query 255 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 408 5
- last minute request 597 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 307 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 339 7
- Personal Tax 572 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,709 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 975 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 377 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 628 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,004 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 297 2