The small company I work for is owned 76:24 by the two directors, who are now in dispute with one another.
The bank mandate requires all payments to be approved by both directors.
Historically, the company has paid the rent on the majority director/shareholders home/office apartment. Since the dispute, the minority director/shareholder has refused to authorise this payment on the bank account.
The majority shareholder has therefore logged into the company PayPal account and transferred the money for the rent to his personal account each month, without the knowledge of the other director. He is then paying the rent personally.
I am the Financial Controller. I'm the only person in the business who knows of the existence of the dispute. I'm the only person in the business who knows what is happening with regard to the rent payments.
Ethically, should I make the minority director/shareholder aware what is happening with the rent, or should I keep my head down?
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 57 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 339 15
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 556 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 70 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 266 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 121 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 528 11
- Flat rate vat error 327 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 529 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 267 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 137 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,379 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 247 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 107 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 297 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 537 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 865 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 167 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 839
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 508
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 319
- How to format a stock book 289
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181