Excel help please - imported file needs splitting up
Hope someone can help.
I am trying to prepare some accounts from an old dos programme, which enables reports to be transferred into excel. I am using Excel 2003.
The transferred file has placed more than one type of data in column A, date, chque number, ref etc. and it would appear to be at period intervals. i.e. set fields.(God I hope i am making sense!). I wish to transfer the date, ref etc into individual columns.
I think it is possible by a formulae.
Can any of you buffs help please?
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 500 13
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 203 7
- Offshore insurance bonds 78 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,616 46
- Property scam victim 280 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 196 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 213 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,788 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 152 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 121 2
- Partnership returns software 75 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 260 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 59 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 85 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 148 4
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 130 5
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 244 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 239 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 431 7
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 103 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,077
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 234
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 170
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 155
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150