Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,210 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,332 21
- CIS and Close Company 124 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 302 1
- VAT Option to tax 477 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 182 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 201 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 133 2
- Director leaving in month 1 167 2
- Ex Gratia payments 98 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 298 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 180 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 200 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 194 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 180 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 59 1
- EIS - connection through employment 98 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 254 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 68 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 234 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 916
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 643
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 404
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 347
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 192
- Pension Fixed Protection 163