Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 136 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 166 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 519 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 220 7
- Insovent companies 880 19
- New Build 181 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 192 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 801 20
- Website Content 145 1
- Personal Tax 623 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 172 1
- USA Tax Query 296 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 650 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 346 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 383 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,737 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6