Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Any printer recommendations? 148 5
- Out of date tax returns 227 2
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 51 3
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,013 6
- VAT on Exhibition services 102 3
- Dates, more dates and cessation 50 1
- Filling in my self assessment 957 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 150 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 290 7
- proposed dividends 646 22
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 429 6
- FPS responses ... 508 16
- Nominal Codes 269 9
- Charging VAT to a Swedish Company 208 7
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 225 2
- Valuing Famiy Shareholding 189 3
- HMRC SMP Calculator - does it still exist? 124 2
- Alcohol VAT reclaim 171 1
- HMRC repayment has gone to wrong bank account - quickest way to resolve? 448 6
- RSU and double taxation 191 2
- Sanzar 498
- Digital marketing focus group 398
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 378
- Sainsbury's mangement 328
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 327
- Continuity Agreement 323
- Avanti Accounts 321
- Buyback 285
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 231
- Aggresive sales from Iris 196