Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Being Tax relevant 392 5
- FIFA game and making money 138 6
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 129 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,298 230
- Client has never prepared tax returns 330 2
- Kind of shares to take in an LTD 108 2
- Recycle old study books 403 10
- Tax investigation pending 1,391 8
- Trademark Fun 258 7
- CIS paid on behalf of a limited company 86 2
- Distribution on cessation of trade 228 4
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 159 1
- Changing font size in VT Transaction+ 224 6
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,539 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 238 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 195 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 720 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 243 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 204 1
- Share for share exchange 177 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,062
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 345
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 292
- National Insurance 246
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 226
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 224
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 210
- Payments on account coded out?? 204
- Non Resident 165
- Franchise income and costs 155