Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Redundancy Pay 380 5
- Physiotherapy 111 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 398 12
- Advice please! 265 1
- Inflation and fees 1,041 16
- Community Interest Company 91 2
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 639 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 562 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,261 21
- SSAS Pension scheme 100 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 92 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 308 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 573 13
- Do I need to see receipts ? 762 11
- ICPA 517 8
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 309 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 148 3
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 123 1
- SA1 forms 372 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 152 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 826
- Avanti Accounts 676
- Have I done the right thing? 660
- Calling franchise accountants 642
- Continuity Agreement 628
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 485
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 329
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 222
- IT Contractor 198