Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- get an accountant not an unqulified accounting clerk 135 8
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 224 3
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 77 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 71 2
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 526 13
- CGT history of shares 194 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 151 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 216 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 345 6
- CGT on sale of let property 137 2
- how do i get UTR 164 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 100 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 250 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 156 1
- Your comments please 330 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 205 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 140 2
- EIS 204 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 143 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 122 2
- Moving away from CCH software 972
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 387
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 215