Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 494 18
- Paper tax return 108 4
- Start up allowance? 348 12
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 75 2
- Will I need to resign? 102 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,336 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 230 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 165 1
- AIA or IFA 428 7
- Surely not? 429 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 629 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 361 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 351 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 172 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 262 5
- Nominal Ledger 350 10
- Share structures 145 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,152 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 345 5