Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 80 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,086 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 458 17
- Bereavment payment 47 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 264 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 336 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,289 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 139 2
- Companies House incorporation service 336 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 67 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 143 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 189 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 193 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 255 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 136 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 146 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,595 12
- Share Capital 124 2
- Trading income or not? 187 1
- Charge HMRC 413 3
- Xtuple 545
- Qtac payroll for bureau 374
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 312
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 288
- CIS schemes 220
- Domain name sale and limited company 204
- Investment 184
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 182
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177