Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Write off of former director's loan 259 5
- Flat rate vat error 20 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 71 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 69 1
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 494 10
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 190 4
- Which software for practice books? 356 15
- Illegal dividends and prior year accounts errors 200 6
- Pension contributions > £50k BRB effect 85 2
- VAT enquiry 149 2
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 477 15
- Inheritance tax 253 13
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 78 1
- Accountant software 308 8
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 149 3
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 289 6
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 117 5
- Tax residence 101 2
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 151 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,691 33
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 656
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 488
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 452
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 279
- How to format a stock book 238
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 198
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 192
- Tax efficient holding company structure 180
- Investment property company accounts template 168
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 165