Exporting Sage Aged Debtors report to Excel
Running Sage line 50 Accountant version 13 (2007) I am trying to export a sage report (aged debtors summary) to excel to do more analysis. I've tried several methods none of which work precisely as I would wish.
Method 1: Select required report, Aged Debtors Analysis Summary. In drop down, select File, click generate report. and for save as type, select Excel .xls.
This creates an excel file which on first sight looks ok, BUT closer examination reveals that for some of the fields (Account and Name) where the value is longer, they occupy two cells which are merged.
(As an experiment, I tried changing the field width in the report designer - increasing field width made no difference, but reducing the field width solved the problem of merged cells, but the name is curtailed at less characters. I've also used the format painter to de-merge (un-merge?) the cells, but this is not ideal.)
Method 2: is as method 1, but chose Comma Separated Variable .csv as file type. This generates a blank .csv file (not only appears blank, but has 0 size.
I've tried various searches with Sage, and there is some interesting stuff on the report generator, but nothing I found addresses this specific problem.
- Company formation and bank account 220 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 637 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,521 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 505 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 394 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 188 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 391 8
- OneNote is fantastic 477 11
- VAT Direct Debit 357 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 437 8
- Self Assessment Software 684 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 434 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,350 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 253 11
- Owning overseas property 242 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 350 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 283 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 694 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,149 21
- PPR on a development? 242 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 652
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 390
- 2015 tax year end 383
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 382
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 270
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 237
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230