Failed benefit in kind
A company paid for a benefit for a higher paid employee.
The supplier went out of business before the employee received the benefit. The employer never recovered the cost.
Is the employee taxed on the expenditure if no benefit was received by him?
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 288
- Set up a company pension 242
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 213
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 182
- EIS 176
- Driving sales growth 176
- Where's our 10%? 173
- Regiatration of a Trust 172
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 169
- Double holidays for Euro bank accounts ! 162
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 152
- IHT business relief of unlisted loan stock 148
- Best structure 146
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 144
- Break up basis accounting 143
- Forms P11D[b] and Payment Slips 140
- Property owned privately 136
- Can I defer direct customer acquisition costs? 136
- Mortgage application for intending director. 134
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 130