I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 195 4
- Allowable expenses on retal property 146 2
- Identity Checks 94 1
- Mandatory Capitalisation 122 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 109 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,322 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 284 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 131 2
- notarising & legalising documents 176 4
- question 438 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 411 11
- Income prior to company formation 217 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 132 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 157 6
- Property pages or self-employed? 162 2
- Any thoughts on Capium? 426 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 462 8
- Can criminal action be a defence? 216 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,420 14
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 317 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 399
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 290
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 261
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 257
- French ConnectionUK 204
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 192
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 187
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 183
- APN's 175
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 149