I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,150 52
- what time is it ? 277 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 82 2
- Related Parties Note 45 1
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 428 24
- VAT on disbursement 163 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 988 18
- tax credits 203 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,034 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 82 1
- LLP - Member leaving 186 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 735 21
- Year end 250 3
- Foreign income for self employed 169 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 300 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 317 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,145 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 247 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 616 21
- How would you account for warranty? 181 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 904
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 525
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 317
- Tax efficient holding company structure 255
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 246
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 180
- Charge out rates in London? 155