I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 80 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,088 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 458 17
- Bereavment payment 49 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 264 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 336 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,289 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 139 2
- Companies House incorporation service 336 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 67 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 143 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 189 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 193 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 255 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 136 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 146 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,595 12
- Share Capital 124 2
- Trading income or not? 187 1
- Charge HMRC 414 3
- Xtuple 545
- Qtac payroll for bureau 374
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 312
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 288
- CIS schemes 220
- Domain name sale and limited company 204
- Investment 184
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 183
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177