I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- What are options for non CA firm 2,812 60
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 125 3
- Legal title not in the company name 779 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 325 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 299 8
- Opening Balances 189 2
- 27,000 Really? 1,107 34
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 571 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 51 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 78 1
- This is getting boring 606 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 248 7
- pension paid by company? 107 3
- inheritance tax 412 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 343 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 226 4
- State pension 300 3
- Accountancy Career 136 1
- CIC Company 656 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,822 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 335
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 308
- Probiz 303
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 279
- How not to compose an email 265
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 223