I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 39 1
- cold file reviewer needed 26 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 690 10
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,119 10
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,361 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 143 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 202 10
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 137 5
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 85 2
- break even point 842 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 403 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 642 19
- National Insurance Contributions 187 4
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 164 6
- Limited Company trading status. 85 1
- ANIMAL ADOPTION SCHEME 175 1
- Dividends 142 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 394 11
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 206 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,404 28
- Possible Partnership? 491
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 466
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 283
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 248
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 245
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 238
- Loans to other companies 186
- Tasbook email configuration 175