I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 106 3
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 117 5
- signature required 291 11
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 437 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 742 13
- More AE! 741 17
- Web sites 197 3
- Homing sandwiches 261 7
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 572 13
- Dispensation 148 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 484 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 90 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 295 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 248 3
- Capitalising purchased software 117 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 276 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 568 17
- how to object to registered company name... 355 2
- Property income in different capacities 259 5
- CGT 496 19
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,224
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 809
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 508
- Digita Hosted Software 328
- Credit where credit's due....... 302
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 182
- TheTax Donut 169
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 154
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 149