I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Dutch Company With UK Employees 27 1
- Subject to tax and NIC? 152 5
- Spreadsheets - electronically owned data?? 191 4
- Just for fun. 984 33
- Spam blocking 689 36
- HMRC don't make it easy! 249 4
- Intercompany advice 206 3
- Does the AR01 reflect the actual money invested in a company 209 9
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 293 9
- Recouping VAT on third-party purchases 135 2
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 303 13
- Is interest still due? 230 4
- Theatre Tax Relief 539 2
- Ex-gratia payments 361 7
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 212 5
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 231 4
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 123 1
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 299 3
- Excel Instances 145 2
- How to pay national insurance 587 17
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 391
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 390
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 355
- Perkbox 322
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 321
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 278
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 274
- Document Management Systems 260
- WIP Software 245
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 187