I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 390 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 221 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 282 11
- Tax return software for remote working 431 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 449 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 770 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 390 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 431 9
- How to purchase business premises? 113 2
- Will I need to resign? 776 10
- Childcare vouchers 124 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 262 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 292 6
- VAT avoidance? 198 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 170 3
- PAYE coding out 158 3
- Follower cases 568 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 449 2
- Late Registration for VAT 448 12
- TheTax Donut 1,140 1
- Hive up 466
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 431
- corporate hierarchy 413
- Advice - 240
- Amortisation of Goodwill 211
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 196
- WWOOFers 191
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 171
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 171
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 167