I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Peer to Peer lending 83 5
- Loan interest rental property 167 5
- What's the plural? 628 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 74 1
- Well well well 198 2
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 101 4
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 75 1
- Capital Gains Tax 81 3
- Real names 400 14
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 128 1
- Dividend payment date 1,829 32
- Use of aliases 695 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 135 1
- Accounting Crew 890 20
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 302 12
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 485 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,382 17
- No VAT returns submitted since registration 88 1
- Capital allowances 202 4
- Who owns the data 142 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 567
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 427
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 325
- IFA incorporation 303
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 293
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 281
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 247
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 233
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 223
- Sorry ignore me 210