I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Cash injection by shareholder 813 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 384 11
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,574 503
- help needed with rti paye please 80 2
- Can't read my handwriting 782 19
- Undeclared rental income 376 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 306 7
- Sick pay 226 6
- Directors self assessment 130 2
- Employer's Helpline 209 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 101 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 186 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,750 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,085 8
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 952 27
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 130 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 305 10
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 251 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 445 20
- cross border vat 153 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,410
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 539
- National Insurance 438
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 258
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 246
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 164
- Umbrella pay services 143
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 122
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121