I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 149 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 42 2
- Company dividends 808 32
- Charities and VAT 85 7
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 34 1
- Interest Relief 130 4
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,420 52
- VAT Margin Schemes 115 2
- White van man 969 29
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 150 2
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 443 14
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 740 27
- how much to charge 177 5
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 817 22
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 306 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 223 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 95 3
- How to value a business asset? 202 5
- FHL Expenses 86 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 97 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 896
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 591
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 562
- Latest phishing scam 511
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 367
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 335
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 269
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 190
- Capital allowances in first basis period 171
- Sabbatical payments 167