I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- iris update 11.9.2 297 4
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,646 35
- Class 2 NIC 47 1
- Advertising Tips? 397 9
- Company Structure 449 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,628 35
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 503 11
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 142 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,046 16
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 600 19
- Taxation of UK branches of foreign companies 175 1
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 385 10
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 261 6
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 473 8
- International priorities 124 1
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 166 3
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 523 13
- Revenue phishing examples 389 2
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 295 4
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 404 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 740
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 438
- Costly Accounting Software contract 378
- Directors' advances and credits 291
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 265
- DTA tie-breaker issue 255
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 213
- CGT for NOn UK residents 199
- Apprenticeship Levy 187