I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- Mortgage Adviser's request 128 4
- CGT on spouse's death 72 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 380 8
- Payroll software 170 4
- Company UTR numbers 287 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 345 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 637 30
- Starting Again 111 1
- Summer house for business only 60 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 86 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 549 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 123 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 115 3
- How do you count your clients 396 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 150 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 108 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 466 9
- Property Expenses 114 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 154 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 740 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 590
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 578
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 375
- Pensions Regulator 345
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 278
- Government Gateway - VAT 273
- Using the correct forms 260
- SA penalty proposals 244
- RTI - duplicate employee record 232
- Accelerated payment notices 225