I am a 31 year old ACMA, Accounting & Finance graduate working as a Financial Controller in a medium sized business.
I have medium term ambitions of being an FD and would appreciate any advice from others who have been through the same process as to how best achieve the necessary skills and knowledge.
I was thinking about taking an MA in Accouining & Finance - is the investment of time and money worthwhile, or should I be looking to develop other skills.
I understand that communication and time management skills etc. are imoportant, but I thought that something more tangible would be of benefit.
All tips / advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,194 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,326 21
- CIS and Close Company 121 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 301 1
- VAT Option to tax 470 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 172 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 198 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 130 2
- Director leaving in month 1 153 2
- Ex Gratia payments 90 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 286 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 171 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 196 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 190 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 178 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 55 1
- EIS - connection through employment 96 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 251 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 64 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 233 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 911
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 641
- Free Tax Legislation? 406
- Director Loan account operation 402
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 340
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 319
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 225
- Paye procedures for CVA 221
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 188
- Pension Fixed Protection 163