For sometime, we have been offering fee protection and we have had very little claims made for tax enquiries that have taken place.
We have recently changed providers (and should have done a while ago) and we are having a better take up from our clients - which is good news !
What concerns us slightly is that some clients tell us that they have cover else where for example through the FSB and whilst I do not doubts this is good cover, it us does concern us that in the event of a tax enquiry through a third party fee protection provider how it would work in practical terms and indeed how good is the cover.
If you have had this situation happen in a tax enquiry we would welcome some feedback whether it worked out well or not.
Thanks in Advance
- BrightPay quirks 359 6
- HMRC having technical difficulties 46 2
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 119 2
- Closing down loss-making company 180 3
- AccountingWEB survey 455 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,098 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 779 10
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 762 5
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 304 1
- Mortgage Reference 680 9
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,388 50
- VAT disaggregation 151 2
- Gift aid procedure please? 553 6
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 443 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,352 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 280 2
- Appointment of director 131 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 231 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 299 3
- Rounding errors on CT600 376 7