Client of mine is applying to the bank for a bank loan and as such the bank require financial statements relating to this 2 restaurants prepared by an accountant or at least on headed note paper.
He needs this statement urgently and despite me not having seen any paperwork wants me to use his own estimated figures.
My question is: if I put these numbers (and profit) on my headed paper and it turns out to be wildly incorrect what liability would fall on me? I would propose to include a paragraph underneath the statements saying that these numbers have been prepared using the Directors information and no audit has been undertaken etc etc
Would this paragraph be enough to cover me?
- HMRC Postal Delays 298 9
- Closure of PAYE scheme 152 2
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 55 1
- Legal advisor recommendation please 200 4
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 169 2
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,303 13
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 576 7
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 157 3
- Termination Payment 475 15
- Company Share Buy Back 330 8
- P11D Car Value 102 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 239 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,973 30
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 287 5
- bookkeeping system 678 9
- Landing clients 710 21
- Signed accounts for bank 529 10
- Non-Taxable Expenses Reimbursement 133 3
- Time to react ? ? ? 677 6
- Dividends 154 3