Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- flat rate scheme 561 14
- Allocation of income from property 170 6
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 50 1
- Turnover on a tax return 665 13
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 176 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,447 41
- UK tax exposure 369 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 139 3
- regulated mortgage work? 209 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 129 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 270 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,251 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 539 8
- Directors salary 136 1
- Rental Expenses 284 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 308 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 374 2
- any help? 355 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 424 8
- Companies House? 324 3