Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 386 5
- See you all on the other side 583 6
- 12Pay 295 2
- dividends 383 2
- R&D 221 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,092 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 383 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 282 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 246 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 473 5
- Seeking a tax case 518 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 377 4
- Companies house strike off 354 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 277 2
- Moving to the cloud 683 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 191 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 823 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 181 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,050 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 425 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 536
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 406
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 359
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 303
- USA help 299
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 272
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 261
- Capital gains on rental property 244
- Sage Coretime 225