Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- What is IRIS World like? 318 8
- Pension contributions 337 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 81 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,333 18
- The stupidity continues 186 4
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 111 1
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 453 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 144 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 442 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 255 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 244 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 195 1
- Share transfer question 318 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 545 10
- New Employers Helpline 147 3
- Overlap relief 733 19
- Budget 2015 - take two 209 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 197 4
- VAT Query 204 2
- Sacked my first client 699 14
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 431
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 423
- WIP Software 289
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 220
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 192
- Small Part Disposal of Property 173