Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 325 7
- Personal Tax 350 10
- Xerocon 2016 900 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,572 24
- Corrupt Excel File 637 9
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 68 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,920 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 136 4
- last minute request 405 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 293 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,220 46
- Practical experience 887 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 261 2
- Mortgage Reference 265 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 198 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 450 9
- VAT 318 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 271 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 253 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1