Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Interest on pre-letting? 25 2
- client can't/won't pay 2,001 44
- Clothing 374 6
- Why do I do this every year 513 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,648 43
- HMRC filing meltdown? 675 23
- Self assesment online 1,057 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 105 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 57 3
- Anybody Use Brightpay 739 20
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 248 4
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 255 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 142 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 140 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 159 2
- Non resident income. 486 21
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 299 22
- Hobby Horse 826 8
- What sectors to target? 626 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 289 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 585
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 422
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 317
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 242
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182