Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 706 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 802 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 458 10
- Real time 188 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 371 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 245 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 208 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 199 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 600 15
- When to top-up pensions? 157 2
- Support / ticketing software 326 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 323 3
- Imported goods and VAT 130 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 434 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 589 11
- Stamp Duty 170 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,862 22
- Company Number 10000000 992 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 367 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 228 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 469
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 287
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 242
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 219
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 209
- Just checking re PSA 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 189
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177