Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Dress code 193 8
- How much did you pay for your website 1,388 24
- What would you do in this situation? 551 13
- Help Required 341 10
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 251 10
- directors control and tax problems 181 5
- Fastest Software 766 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 932 28
- What's in a name ? 305 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 235 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 427 15
- Bulk Invoicing 172 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 151 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 245 2
- ATED Penalties 272 1
- late second payment on account 174 2
- US royalties 96 2
- Project being run jointly 138 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 183 2
- Sole trader mix up 307 4
- CTA study material 703
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 426
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 200
- Trust for Employee 188
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 178
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 158
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 149