Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,077 29
- Late Registration for VAT 221 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 108 1
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 575 10
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 146 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 96 1
- Personal pension 280 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 126 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 67 1
- Registering a company late 320 11
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 211 1
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 134 6
- Deferred Tax 271 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,276 17
- How much of your work is admin? 408 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 206 3
- physiotherapy clinic 614 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 230 2
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 328 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,833 23
- TheTax Donut 1,022
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 419
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 332
- AIA or IFA 216