Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- VAT registration 41 2
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 56 3
- Goodie bag 571 20
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 300 4
- Husband Wife let property 221 6
- Budget 2015 predictions 328 7
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 308 7
- Freehold Property Depreciation 390 16
- How do I save face? 341 7
- Employee invoicing employer 65 1
- Warning - Spam "from" ICAEW 518 3
- brightpay? 120 1
- Director unable to work through illness 133 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 232 6
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 376 8
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 140 2
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 281 1
- Claiming VAT without invoice 412 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 398 5
- Career in Practice 245 5
- Possible Partnership? 616
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 504
- New Fangled Penalties 419
- Clubs and Taxable Income 339
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 308
- Loans to other companies 251
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 236
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 223
- Fuming! 221
- Outsource Data Entry 218