Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,543 54
- Small hotel - food for personal use 138 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 88 2
- Xero Pain Points 190 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 304 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 131 4
- New starter - tax code 98 3
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 95 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 548 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 220 3
- Childcare 256 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 213 2
- The importance of Grammar 792 21
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 791 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 102 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 200 4
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,457 18
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 207 5
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 411 12
- Is this dodgy? 778 17
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 358
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 294
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 279
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 276
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 268
- Electric Car 219
- S222 Charge 199
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 192
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 188
- Company Structure 170