Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 251 6
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 141 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 156 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,166 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 384 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,150 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 135 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 267 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 166 2
- V T Software 214 2
- Thinning income 348 3
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 141 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 349 4
- tax credits 280 4
- Past rental expenses 128 1
- What do do about VAT? 553 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 293 5
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 195 2
- Audacity 1,329 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 696 8
- NHS finance professionals 599
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 390
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 334
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 325
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 306
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 274
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 230
- IFA income recognition & reporting 200
- Incorporating doctors 193