Fines and penalties-will HMRC deal?
A partnership under investigation has both a determined VAT liability and a soon to be determined, income tax liability.
The 'Revenue' part of HMRC have advised that they cannot consider (and therefore negotiate a settlement on) both together and that the client would have to 'negotiate' a settlement with both the VAT people and the 'tax' people.
The VAT liabilty on it's own would force both partners into bankruptcy- with HMRC getting next to nothing- unless it could be reduced by negotiation.
Has anyone managed to get a VAT liabilty reduced?
- Deaf clients 560 6
- rental income since 2003 83 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,652 29
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 393 10
- Child tax credits 87 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,211 54
- PITA client 397 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 534 12
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 75 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 227 4
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 585 9
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 217 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,069 8
- Small company audit 343 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 120 2
- R&D tax credit claim 261 6
- CIC Company 503 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 272 4
- HMRC Property campaign 806 10
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 153 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 612
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 269
- Probiz 257
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 215
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 204
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 191