Fixed sum expense allowance
My client has paid a fixed sum of £30 a night to staff when working away. Luckily they haven't had much work away in the past year, so the exposure is minimal. The company pays the B&B costs direct and the £30 is to cover meals, refreshments and out of pocket expenses.
I've tried to agree the treatment with the local tax office but they consider that £30 is too high, so I have to either justify the figure in more detail or suggest a lower one.
I know that they should only reimburse actual expenses plus £5 out of pocket expenses, but my client wants to keep his existing system as the staff prefer it.
Does anyone have any experience of how much would be a reasonable daily amount? I have a vague memory of receiving a fixed sum allowance in a previous job and I think that I read that the Revenue or some other govt dept use a similar scheme for their staff.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received!
- Did Mandela Do Enough For the Black South Africans? 62 1
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,274 16
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,320 57
- Have i messed up? 205 6
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 455 26
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 226 1
- End of the party for dividends? 1,140 18
- How to format a stock book 350 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,350 31
- Disposal of property 83 2
- Tax liability of sole trader changing to partnership 121 1
- Website - Any guess on their business ... 185 2
- trading or dormant 193 4
- do I have to pay NI? 130 2
- Matching of tax return to P60 243 5
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 203 7
- Tax Return Deadlines 319 5
- what time is it ? 504 5
- VAT chargeable or not? 155 3
- find-accountants.com 303 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 952
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 344
- Tax efficient holding company structure 271
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 258
- Investment property company accounts template 237
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 205
- Charge out rates in London? 173
- Personal consumption by landlord 156
- Interest on Loan to a Company 154