Flat Management companies - Be careful
I have just been reading the guidance on flat management companies and it looks like the authorities have changed the rules.
Historically you had to be a qualified accountant to prepare accounts to make a s21 report. A qualified accountant was a CCAB accountant. Now under s28 you need to be a registered auditor as well. Guidance can be found here.
s21 is not an Audit, but the reference to a qualified accountant in s21 is totally redundant. You have to be an Auditor neatly changed in S28 (which didnt exist a year ago)
This is just so pathetic, who are the self serving muppets who make it up as they go along?
For the last two years you couldnt get guidance on this for love or money and now they amend the rules without the slightest regards for the users who have already made an appointment.
I couldnt care about the fee, its the whole process you are put through. The rule changes on a whim and there is no accountability. We need a proper regulator because regulation of this industry is quite beyond the capability of the CCAB bodies who are self serving and hopeless.
Why have such incompetence at the top of the profession. There are lifeforms at the bottom of the sea who could do a better job.
The irony is that these bodies repeatedly complain at the incompetence of the HMRC. HMRC is a far more respectable organisation.
- Value pricing 419 14
- SA Return issued after P800 received 78 4
- More than one Employment Allowance ? 76 1
- Auto enrolment 246 4
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 88 3
- Personal Service Company 48 1
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,143 25
- Sage Payroll 181 8
- Sale of shares and ER 56 2
- Laptop purchase 1,125 19
- VAT on Gaming Machines 238 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 108 3
- VAT 87 1
- Auto enrolment 329 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 120 4
- Fee's for P11D's 152 1
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,793 14
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 157 2
- Share restructure 387 15
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 204 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 753
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 513
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 381
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 357
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 180
- vat return 154