Flat Management companies - Be careful
I have just been reading the guidance on flat management companies and it looks like the authorities have changed the rules.
Historically you had to be a qualified accountant to prepare accounts to make a s21 report. A qualified accountant was a CCAB accountant. Now under s28 you need to be a registered auditor as well. Guidance can be found here.
s21 is not an Audit, but the reference to a qualified accountant in s21 is totally redundant. You have to be an Auditor neatly changed in S28 (which didnt exist a year ago)
This is just so pathetic, who are the self serving muppets who make it up as they go along?
For the last two years you couldnt get guidance on this for love or money and now they amend the rules without the slightest regards for the users who have already made an appointment.
I couldnt care about the fee, its the whole process you are put through. The rule changes on a whim and there is no accountability. We need a proper regulator because regulation of this industry is quite beyond the capability of the CCAB bodies who are self serving and hopeless.
Why have such incompetence at the top of the profession. There are lifeforms at the bottom of the sea who could do a better job.
The irony is that these bodies repeatedly complain at the incompetence of the HMRC. HMRC is a far more respectable organisation.
- Paid too much !! 291 3
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 156 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 106 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 233 1
- will this work for IHT 256 2
- Best software for small practice? 642 20
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,748 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 282 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 235 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 495 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 140 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 114 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 121 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 481 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 171 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 281 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 215 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 281 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,333 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 250
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 184
- Just checking re PSA 176