Flat Management companies - Be careful
I have just been reading the guidance on flat management companies and it looks like the authorities have changed the rules.
Historically you had to be a qualified accountant to prepare accounts to make a s21 report. A qualified accountant was a CCAB accountant. Now under s28 you need to be a registered auditor as well. Guidance can be found here.
s21 is not an Audit, but the reference to a qualified accountant in s21 is totally redundant. You have to be an Auditor neatly changed in S28 (which didnt exist a year ago)
This is just so pathetic, who are the self serving muppets who make it up as they go along?
For the last two years you couldnt get guidance on this for love or money and now they amend the rules without the slightest regards for the users who have already made an appointment.
I couldnt care about the fee, its the whole process you are put through. The rule changes on a whim and there is no accountability. We need a proper regulator because regulation of this industry is quite beyond the capability of the CCAB bodies who are self serving and hopeless.
Why have such incompetence at the top of the profession. There are lifeforms at the bottom of the sea who could do a better job.
The irony is that these bodies repeatedly complain at the incompetence of the HMRC. HMRC is a far more respectable organisation.
- Which software for practice books? 300 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 117 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,620 33
- Accountant software 283 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 441 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 69 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 417 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 221 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,878 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 69 1
- Renting property to yourself 310 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 384 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 99 4
- register as self employed? 121 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 140 1
- VAT enquiry 88 1
- Write off of former director's loan 229 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 258 4
- Capital gain or not? 147 3
- EC VAT 161 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 640
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 232
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 183
- Tax efficient holding company structure 174
- Investment property company accounts template 162
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 155