Flat Management companies - Be careful
I have just been reading the guidance on flat management companies and it looks like the authorities have changed the rules.
Historically you had to be a qualified accountant to prepare accounts to make a s21 report. A qualified accountant was a CCAB accountant. Now under s28 you need to be a registered auditor as well. Guidance can be found here.
s21 is not an Audit, but the reference to a qualified accountant in s21 is totally redundant. You have to be an Auditor neatly changed in S28 (which didnt exist a year ago)
This is just so pathetic, who are the self serving muppets who make it up as they go along?
For the last two years you couldnt get guidance on this for love or money and now they amend the rules without the slightest regards for the users who have already made an appointment.
I couldnt care about the fee, its the whole process you are put through. The rule changes on a whim and there is no accountability. We need a proper regulator because regulation of this industry is quite beyond the capability of the CCAB bodies who are self serving and hopeless.
Why have such incompetence at the top of the profession. There are lifeforms at the bottom of the sea who could do a better job.
The irony is that these bodies repeatedly complain at the incompetence of the HMRC. HMRC is a far more respectable organisation.
- Can a once active Limited company become dormant? 99 5
- Sage payroll alternatives 511 11
- Call Centre Data Costs 262 1
- Authorised share capital 81 4
- PAYE 680 13
- Gifts from limited companies 58 1
- RTI overpayments gap 188 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief 451 18
- international employer please help!! 153 4
- Capital gain? 252 6
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 274 1
- RTI - Petition to move filing to 19th of month 178 1
- accounting for this transaction 392 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 226 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,487 26
- CGT 363 15
- Substantial shareholding exemption and foreign subsidiaries 62 1
- CGT 203 3
- Gift Aid 230 5
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 270 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,109
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 784
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 470
- Digita Hosted Software 284
- Credit where credit's due....... 234
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 214
- Director phone costs 182
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 156
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 154
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 140