Flat Management companies - Be careful
I have just been reading the guidance on flat management companies and it looks like the authorities have changed the rules.
Historically you had to be a qualified accountant to prepare accounts to make a s21 report. A qualified accountant was a CCAB accountant. Now under s28 you need to be a registered auditor as well. Guidance can be found here.
s21 is not an Audit, but the reference to a qualified accountant in s21 is totally redundant. You have to be an Auditor neatly changed in S28 (which didnt exist a year ago)
This is just so pathetic, who are the self serving muppets who make it up as they go along?
For the last two years you couldnt get guidance on this for love or money and now they amend the rules without the slightest regards for the users who have already made an appointment.
I couldnt care about the fee, its the whole process you are put through. The rule changes on a whim and there is no accountability. We need a proper regulator because regulation of this industry is quite beyond the capability of the CCAB bodies who are self serving and hopeless.
Why have such incompetence at the top of the profession. There are lifeforms at the bottom of the sea who could do a better job.
The irony is that these bodies repeatedly complain at the incompetence of the HMRC. HMRC is a far more respectable organisation.
- Spam blocking 131 5
- Just for fun. 701 22
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 101 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 78 1
- How to pay national insurance 503 16
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 211 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 207 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 131 1
- Small pool write off 210 4
- Bonus in june 235 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 177 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 106 2
- HMRC Email 324 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,926 21
- Employment status 215 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 176 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 990 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 368 4
- Overlap relief 642 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 171 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 481
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 376
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 371
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 343
- Perkbox 309
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 302
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 269
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 267
- Document Management Systems 249
- WIP Software 229