Flat Management companies - Be careful
I have just been reading the guidance on flat management companies and it looks like the authorities have changed the rules.
Historically you had to be a qualified accountant to prepare accounts to make a s21 report. A qualified accountant was a CCAB accountant. Now under s28 you need to be a registered auditor as well. Guidance can be found here.
s21 is not an Audit, but the reference to a qualified accountant in s21 is totally redundant. You have to be an Auditor neatly changed in S28 (which didnt exist a year ago)
This is just so pathetic, who are the self serving muppets who make it up as they go along?
For the last two years you couldnt get guidance on this for love or money and now they amend the rules without the slightest regards for the users who have already made an appointment.
I couldnt care about the fee, its the whole process you are put through. The rule changes on a whim and there is no accountability. We need a proper regulator because regulation of this industry is quite beyond the capability of the CCAB bodies who are self serving and hopeless.
Why have such incompetence at the top of the profession. There are lifeforms at the bottom of the sea who could do a better job.
The irony is that these bodies repeatedly complain at the incompetence of the HMRC. HMRC is a far more respectable organisation.
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 846 24
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 221 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 427 20
- cross border vat 133 3
- Which profit figure to use 167 2
- Audit partner? 337 7
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 64 1
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 261 9
- home office expenses as a director 170 6
- Sick pay 134 2
- Undeclared rental income 282 5
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 218 4
- Drop box Storage 891 9
- Drop Down Boxes 158 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,390 498
- CIS paid under reg 9 212 1
- PAYE Refunds from HMRC 190 4
- rti 243 9
- Cash injection by shareholder 734 9
- Another goodwill question ....... 244 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,404
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 535
- National Insurance 436
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 256
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 242
- Employer's Helpline 194
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 163
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 159
- Umbrella pay services 134