Flat Management companies - Be careful
I have just been reading the guidance on flat management companies and it looks like the authorities have changed the rules.
Historically you had to be a qualified accountant to prepare accounts to make a s21 report. A qualified accountant was a CCAB accountant. Now under s28 you need to be a registered auditor as well. Guidance can be found here.
s21 is not an Audit, but the reference to a qualified accountant in s21 is totally redundant. You have to be an Auditor neatly changed in S28 (which didnt exist a year ago)
This is just so pathetic, who are the self serving muppets who make it up as they go along?
For the last two years you couldnt get guidance on this for love or money and now they amend the rules without the slightest regards for the users who have already made an appointment.
I couldnt care about the fee, its the whole process you are put through. The rule changes on a whim and there is no accountability. We need a proper regulator because regulation of this industry is quite beyond the capability of the CCAB bodies who are self serving and hopeless.
Why have such incompetence at the top of the profession. There are lifeforms at the bottom of the sea who could do a better job.
The irony is that these bodies repeatedly complain at the incompetence of the HMRC. HMRC is a far more respectable organisation.
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 264 10
- Interest relief before property is rented out 124 2
- Dividend 322 6
- FRS and Debtors 151 2
- What's in a name ? 531 6
- Helping out a friend 426 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 227 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 407 5
- ACCA practice certificates 324 4
- Dress code 842 21
- How much did you pay for your website 1,552 26
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,273 36
- Umbrella Companies 260 3
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 265 4
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 173 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 516 3
- What would you do in this situation? 816 15
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 323 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 596 16
- Project being run jointly 264 3
- CTA study material 736
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 457
- Employment related securities question 294
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 290
- AIM Stocks and IHT 264
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 239
- Expat pension contributions? 227
- Trust for Employee 221
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 212
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 138