Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,465 5
- How much does the company pay 79 2
- Help with CGT please 88 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 121 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 300 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 323 17
- Will I need to resign? 944 11
- Cocaine anyone? 670 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 258 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 161 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 205 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 181 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 852 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 551 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 724 13
- Personal pension 453 9
- Business rates consultancy 274 4
- Wrong tax code 193 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 116 2
- Hive up 518
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 478
- corporate hierarchy 456
- Advice - 300
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 249
- WWOOFers 245
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 224
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 200
- The booking.com con 187
- Cocaine anyone? 171