Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,727 21
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 542 11
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 361 5
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 199 3
- Incorporation of gp practise 125 1
- Love is in the air 382 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 246 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,997 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 279 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 528 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 553 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 299 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 322 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 371 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 425 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 425 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 257 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 523 1
- Paying Son 679 18
- HMRC accounting 411 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 273
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 217
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 210
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 190