Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 174 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 207 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 423 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 255 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 105 2
- Was I rude 794 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 286 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 214 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 290 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 283 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 197 6
- Non-compete agreement 184 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 199 1
- Any views 740 1
- IRIS Practice Management 147 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 109 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 98 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 178 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 309 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 259 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,485
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 822
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 422
- Sale of business 396
- NOVA 293
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 206
- Bonus Bonds 178
- Management expenses for investment company 175
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 168