Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 293 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 173 3
- looking for a practice consultant 143 2
- The stupidity continues 1,427 73
- Withdrawing company car 106 1
- AML report needed? 177 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 224 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 84 1
- transactions after account have been closed 310 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 79 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 391 9
- Marketing and email surprises 450 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 766 26
- What is IRIS World like? 412 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 328 5
- Mlom bollocks 264 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 111 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 597 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 316 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 445
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 445
- WIP Software 308
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 294
- No payroll scheme in place 243
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 236
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 211
- Small Part Disposal of Property 201
- Uncommercial property business 189