Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 186 3
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 130 1
- Mortgage Repayment Sale of Property 207 5
- Backdate C79? 237 5
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 218 3
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 890 33
- White van man 621 21
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,473 82
- Software 374 9
- Company dividends 437 13
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 441 7
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 120 2
- Use of home deduction 545 15
- Copy Wanted 694 3
- Non resident income. 253 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 101 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 219 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 566 21
- SA late payment penalty 204 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 311 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 860
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 552
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 516
- Latest phishing scam 409
- Entrepreneurs' relief 378
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 340
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 322
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 304
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 216
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 194