Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 903 52
- Go Cardless 235 8
- business entertaining deductibility 88 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 753 17
- Self assessment tax arrears 86 2
- R & D 93 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 210 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 60 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 96 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 126 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 111 1
- New Business Registration 202 5
- Audit rules 131 3
- Hosted email exchange 117 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 131 1
- G P life time allowance 100 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 364 11
- Bringing money to Uk 206 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 118 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 106 2
- Xtuple 497
- Qtac payroll for bureau 332
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 276
- Industrial & Provident Societies 273
- Mehjoo 217
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 215
- New strategic report 168
- Domain name sale and limited company 154
- South African Government Pension 148
- CIS schemes 143