Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- When to include value of import in Box 7 57 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 157 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 292 7
- Capital gain? 66 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,240 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 258 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 345 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 411 8
- vat help for catering concession 272 10
- IHT dilemma 1,153 17
- Tax return software for remote working 229 3
- CGT 329 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 317 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 106 2
- Compliance check 506 13
- sole trader accountant 781 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 397 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 602 21
- More AE! 492 11
- How to classify an asset 154 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,078
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 460
- Digita Hosted Software 278
- Call Centre Data Costs 248
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 222
- Credit where credit's due....... 213
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 203
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 184
- Director phone costs 146