Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,102 34
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 380 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,192 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 162 4
- New Company reviews please 643 16
- Business only use of company car 749 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 417 8
- Gift to son by parents 188 1
- valuation of vehicles 496 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 297 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 207 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 426 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 469 4
- BTC is slow 316 3
- Director registration for SA question 542 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 479 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 523 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 535 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 372 4
- VAT with Russia 294 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 328
- Any thoughts on Capium? 269
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 265
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 251
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 231
- auto enrolment 205
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 189
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 179
- How to account for investment in JV? 169
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 160