Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 13 1
- Swiching tax 508 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 721 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 494 10
- SA316s 113 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 509 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 364 11
- Start-up cost recognition 90 1
- Lunches 178 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 378 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 124 3
- Generic notification message 251 6
- Property Expenses 215 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 814 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 117 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 500 13
- Accrued salary unpaid 256 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,195 18
- Basis periods 98 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 114 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 599
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 590
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 289
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 251
- Accelerated payment notices 235
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 225