Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- SAGE V12 89 2
- Errors in prior year accounts 714 19
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 213 5
- Expenses Apps 195 4
- Goodwill 53 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 338 12
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 246 6
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 219 9
- change of office address 220 6
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 279 6
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 224 3
- Furniture Rental Business 163 4
- Solicitor accounts 216 5
- Real names 1,352 41
- Illegal dividends 97 1
- Unallocated client money 315 8
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 175 3
- What are options for non CA firm 1,864 32
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 370 3
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 464 8
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 608
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 497
- Sorry ignore me 393
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 283
- Cancelled 254
- Cancelled 227
- Bartercard 186
- C79 Discrepancy 179
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 167