Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Fees for Property Tax Return 486 16
- PRR 421 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 176 13
- Corp Tax Refund 135 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,758 477
- Email hacker for hire ... 325 8
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 103 10
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 259 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 57 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 179 1
- Audit partner? 238 6
- Losses on FHL Property 97 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 245 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 130 1
- corp tax software 970 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 306 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,616 72
- Can't read my handwriting 558 12
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 696 15
- Is this fraud? 851 13
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,365
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 404
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 237
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 217
- Employer's Helpline 185
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 144
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 138