Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Companies House change of shareholding 555 16
- corporation tax 419 3
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 144 5
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,507 45
- Deleted question? 448 9
- Yorkshire Day 456 31
- Agent help line - long queues? 170 3
- Company Director In Prison 602 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,266 23
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 184 6
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 268 6
- Dividend dates 645 11
- calculation DTR restriction 180 5
- MAAT vs ACCA 601 11
- Flat rate VAT 308 6
- Redundancy pay for directors? 1,307 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,853 72
- CRM systems? 117 2
- Accountancy Career 570 13
- Help with HMRC investigation 555 9
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 563
- Cancelled 450
- Cancelled 374
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 347
- Probiz 346
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 251
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 226
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 220
- More spam 176