Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 82 4
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 151 8
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 29 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 219 4
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 112 2
- AccountingWEB survey 343 4
- An IT question 343 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 108 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,107 38
- Disengagement Help! 1,401 21
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 77 1
- Accounting for stolen van? 206 3
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,158 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 156 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 687 10
- self employed losses 174 1
- Unpaid fees 469 9
- Vat payable on van 310 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 585 13
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 618 12