Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 53 3
- Goodie bag 558 20
- VAT registration 32 1
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 295 4
- Husband Wife let property 219 6
- Budget 2015 predictions 322 7
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 307 7
- Freehold Property Depreciation 390 16
- How do I save face? 334 7
- Employee invoicing employer 58 1
- Warning - Spam "from" ICAEW 518 3
- brightpay? 119 1
- Director unable to work through illness 131 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 231 6
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 374 8
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 140 2
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 278 1
- Claiming VAT without invoice 412 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 398 5
- Career in Practice 241 5
- Possible Partnership? 615
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 504
- New Fangled Penalties 419
- Clubs and Taxable Income 339
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 308
- Loans to other companies 251
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 235
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 223
- Fuming! 221
- Outsource Data Entry 218