Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 222 2
- Payment on account reminders 129 2
- Stand alone practice management software 1,745 26
- Allocation of income from property 665 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 396 10
- CTA 254 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 352 11
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 122 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 44 1
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 770 22
- Time values in Excel 159 3
- No more tax returns... 1,388 12
- bookkeeping system 563 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 180 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 231 6
- International VAT 131 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 658 9
- Insurance payout 151 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 539 11
- RTI / P11d 192 2