Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Accounts Software 702 19
- practice planning 141 3
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 236 9
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 498 14
- Dividend Vouchers 374 5
- Gift to employee 413 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 162 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 146 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,115 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 186 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 158 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,665 10
- Which address 1,078 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 613 20
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,521 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,227 44
- R&D tax claim 264 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 553 9
- Tax Allowance on University Course 208 1
- Transfer of a business 132 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 489
- CTA study material 464
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 339
- Pre incorp expenses 323
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 274
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 265
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 214
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 169
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 140
- Employment related securities question 129