Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- Payroll software 616 16
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 172 4
- New business - journal entries 347 21
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 225 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 373 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 707 18
- B2B vat in the EU 164 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 101 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 188 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 210 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 178 4
- LLP as member of LLP 122 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,788 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 485 7
- Vat 289 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,291 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 201 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 185 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,506 18
- Auto enrolment excuses 838
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 715
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 397
- Social investment tax relief 213
- Digita Hosted Software 209
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 168
- accounting for this transaction 165
- Travel costs and contractors 161
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 155