Forecasts using excel, circular references and formulae
Currently doing monthly forecasts. Cost of sales in based on a percentage of turnover. Cost of sales consists of opening stock, purchases, carriage, packaging less closing stock. Closing stock is a manually entered figure, that becomes the opening stock for the next month etc, using + 'closing stock of previous month' cell.
I want a formula for purchases, that would leave the cost of sales as the stated figure based on % of turnover, that can accomodate any changes I make in the closing stock figure. (The purchases figure then copies into my creditor control account).
I am having problems here with circular references, but wonder if anyone know a way round it please?
I note you can allow the calculation in Excel 2007 by going into formulae and tools, but feel uncomfortable with this.
Thanks for everyones help in advanace. Again!
- AWEB---ITS TIME TO REVOKE LOGONS TO 89 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 144 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 254 4
- get an accountant not an unqulified accounting clerk 194 8
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 93 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 94 2
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 568 13
- CGT history of shares 196 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 156 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 227 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 353 6
- CGT on sale of let property 141 2
- how do i get UTR 170 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 103 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 255 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 164 1
- Your comments please 335 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 209 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 148 2
- EIS 205 4
- Moving away from CCH software 974
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 387
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 215