FOREIGN EMPLOYMENT INCOME - S.N.A.F.U.
Just rung off from the Gov. Gateway (un)help desk and the SA helpline - spent 45 mins on the 'phone!
Client receives income from an employment in the USA - put the data into the foreign section of HMRC's on-line filing, then enter theother UK income etc. Save the return and view the tax calculation : voila! No foreign income in the tax calcs!
I contacted the Gov. Gateway and they were able to re-create "my" problem, however their instruction is to contact the SA help desk, as this is a tax matter. The SA help desk advised me to send in a separate paper foreighn pages! So be warned - the foreign income for your clients may not show up either...! WATCH IT.
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 199 4
- How to reward a long standing employee 160 2
- flat rate scheme 671 19
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 238 5
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,509 43
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 185 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 186 3
- Special dividends & CGT 283 2
- Attachment of Orders 120 1
- Sage instant account codes 265 2
- Allocation of income from property 253 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 180 2
- Turnover on a tax return 716 13
- UK tax exposure 396 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 186 3
- regulated mortgage work? 235 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 195 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 302 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,310 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 576 8