FOREIGN EMPLOYMENT INCOME - S.N.A.F.U.
Just rung off from the Gov. Gateway (un)help desk and the SA helpline - spent 45 mins on the 'phone!
Client receives income from an employment in the USA - put the data into the foreign section of HMRC's on-line filing, then enter theother UK income etc. Save the return and view the tax calculation : voila! No foreign income in the tax calcs!
I contacted the Gov. Gateway and they were able to re-create "my" problem, however their instruction is to contact the SA help desk, as this is a tax matter. The SA help desk advised me to send in a separate paper foreighn pages! So be warned - the foreign income for your clients may not show up either...! WATCH IT.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 233 15
- Limited company purchase of property 479 2
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 241 6
- Goodwill complications 277 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 24 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 140 1
- How much of your work is admin? 701 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 219 4
- Will I need to resign? 435 7
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 112 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 318 5
- Trade creditor journal 117 2
- Nominal Ledger 482 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 187 1
- Old CGT loss 242 4
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 484 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 994 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 410 9
- HMRC Distraint 158 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 173 2