Formal winding up required?
I have a client with share capital of £100k and he is now looking to wind up the company.
He has another accountant who has advised that if the company purchases £97k of its own shares (it has sufficient reserves to aviod a whitewash) and then does an ESC16 then this will get round the rules regarding share capital in excess of £4,000 going to the Treasury Solicitor.
I thought that the Capital Redemption Reserve is treated the same as the share capital and therefore this solution solves nothing.
Anybody got any views?
- new capital structure ltd with investors 278 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 113 7
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,635 23
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 84 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 247 6
- Companies House 291 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 110 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 102 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 336 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 114 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 214 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 671 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 659 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 144 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 677 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 486 5
- SA tax assessments 170 2
- Director self assessment 410 16
- Sage Import Data 183 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 241 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 432
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 243
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 218
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 217
- Slight twist on employment related securities 198
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 148
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 144