We use a franking machine for our outgoing mail. As we do not have enough franked mail to justify the cost of having Royal Mail come to collect it every day, we sort it into the red (1st class) and green (2nd class) pouches provided by Royal Mail and post the pouches at the local Post Office or in a Business Post Box.
The postman who delivers our incoming mail now tells us that Royal Mail are withdrawing the pouches and that in future, we should just use rubber bands to bundle our sorted franked mail.
Anyone else heard this? I know that you can track a postman by the trail of rubber bands he leaves along the road, but the pouches worked well. Why change them when they weren't broke?
- Here we go.... 519 19
- VAT - Check on clients business 760 31
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 17 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 273 5
- trading losses allowable? 645 9
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 223 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 623 21
- Community Faux Pas 546 19
- Probate services 265 2
- Group relief for CT 100 2
- Practical experience 757 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,227 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,505 32
- Which VAT rate to use 106 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 304 13
- Post AAT? 565 2
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,967 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 320 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 227 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 306 4