Free telephone advice
In the past I have offered free telephone advice to clients but a recent posting got me thinking as to how sensible this is.
I have always done it as a 'sweetener' to attract clients, and on the basis that most clients dont abuse it.
But I now feel I am missing the wider picture. Surely by offering something so significant/fundamental as free telephone advice as accountants we are seriously devaluing our work.
I recently used a solicitor for a major business deal and had a large bill for the work done (£6.5k) and they didnt offer free telephone advice and I wouldnt have dreamt of expecting them to do so. Why? I know solictors are expensive professional people. So why as accountants should we be any different?
I am seriously reconsidering using free telephone advice as a selling point. It needs to be something else which doesnt devalue our worth. Ater all if we do so much for free - free intial consultations, free telephone advice etc., give away free tax advice booklets on our websites etc why on earth should clients expect to pay for anything?
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 45 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 589 15
- Late night meals self employed 289 2
- Not a question but made my day 317 5
- Microsoft One Drive 79 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 396 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 246 1
- Repayment of Share Capital 349 7
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,642 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 89 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,854 25
- Audacity 1,190 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 220 1
- PPR ELECTION 242 7
- Unable to access Co House website 172 3
- Mother and son property ownership 504 2
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 628 10
- VAN Benefit in Kind - Tax Code 158 1
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 484 3
- PAYE variance 192 1
- NHS finance professionals 564
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 374
- Foreign Pension Contribution 341
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 323
- vat gross profit percentage margins 304
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 303
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 278
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 248
- Thinning income 225
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 199