Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 255 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 274 4
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 146 3
- PRR 182 11
- corp tax software 333 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,071 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 435 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 456 7
- Which tax box 177 2
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 123 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 93 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 211 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 201 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,439 423
- References for clients 181 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 134 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 94 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 313 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 124 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 286 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,294
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 251
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 163
- Employer's Helpline 157
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 134