Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- sole trader to ltd company 29 2
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 99 3
- Rogue Accountant 1,059 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,101 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 294 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 222 7
- Dual taxation - usa 182 2
- My house has fallen down 436 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 85 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 276 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 249 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 76 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 101 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 546 8
- Getting fees, getting harder? 936 22
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 283 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 200 2
- Property sale split between years 153 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 92 3
- VATMOSS filing 162 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 638
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 403
- Pensions Regulator 377
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 319
- RTI - duplicate employee record 317
- SA penalty proposals 295
- Using the correct forms 294
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 274
- Digital marketing focus group 195
- Sage Vat return box 2 185