Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Self-assessment statistics 2,474 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 222 5
- Transmission of ISA 51 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 191 2
- Next Move 715 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 190 2
- Not renewing AAT 677 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 508 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,799 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 166 1
- Company car v company allowance 293 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 438 9
- Company formation and bank account 443 9
- Owning overseas property 354 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 286 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 740 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 287 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 668
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 322
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Costly Accounting Software contract 210