Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 388 7
- Unknown cash receipt 1,355 12
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 49 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 533 25
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 272 4
- Share restructure 247 8
- CGT on Property 154 1
- Vat on sales invoice which includes expenses 132 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 724 19
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 334 9
- Gross sales to purchases 201 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 190 3
- Capital allowances 142 2
- RTI Filing 1,374 21
- Loan to a participator 165 4
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 374 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 113 3
- £2000 Employment Allowance 178 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 365 4
- First RTI P45 215 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 714
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 318
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 308
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 255
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 191
- VAT on Gaming Machines 188
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 161
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161