Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 422 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 60 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 137 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 205 5
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 672 7
- EBT 161 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 138 8
- deleting customers on Sage 50 117 5
- Giving a seminar 501 28
- Joint Filing Help 87 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 175 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 249 13
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,176 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 245 2
- Writing off bad debts 165 4
- Added years superannuation 44 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 99 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 343 7
- Care to help a student out? 278 9
- Residency 91 day rule 191 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,197
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 403
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 186
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 175
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 155
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 155