Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- OBK 359 14
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,714 26
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 43 1
- Sage error message 124 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 63 1
- Partially exempt? 137 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 452 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 134 3
- Mileage claim 202 9
- Auto-Enrolment 3,627 174
- Proof of Delivery 219 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 83 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 521 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 335 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 227 9
- Property expense - legal fees 152 3
- Research expenses for authors 275 6
- Investor exit 83 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 132 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 245 4
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Employee rewards 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 205
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 200
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 158
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148