Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 136 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 111 2
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 469 8
- R&D tax claim 221 6
- Gift to employee 359 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 104 1
- Transfer of a business 104 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,109 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 403 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 106 2
- Sage Import Data 300 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 238 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 100 2
- Best time software for small practice? 213 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 314 13
- private to company car? 362 9
- Which address 1,007 11
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 265 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 956 15
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 272 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 473
- CTA study material 453
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 328
- Pre incorp expenses 306
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 262
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 250
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 152
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 136
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 130