Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 104 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 266 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 923 20
- Moneysoft Payroll 184 3
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 249 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 934 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 474 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 168 4
- Client right to working papers 1,544 11
- vat gross margins 190 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 212 4
- e mail 203 1
- Auto enrolment 581 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,356 6
- VAT on new build property 162 2
- Auto enrolment 301 9
- SAGE 50 2011 161 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,635 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,880 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 219 2
- NHS finance professionals 671
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 412
- Foreign Pension Contribution 381
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 368
- vat gross profit percentage margins 365
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 352
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 312
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 281
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 242
- IFA income recognition & reporting 214