Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- HMRC site down ? 91 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 119 6
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 48 1
- Small hotel - food for personal use 178 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,628 59
- Xero Pain Points 223 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 83 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 63 1
- The importance of Grammar 834 22
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 129 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 342 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 138 4
- New starter - tax code 125 3
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 569 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 227 3
- Childcare 264 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 225 2
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 802 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 133 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 208 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 359
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 296
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 282
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 279
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 269
- Electric Car 220
- S222 Charge 200
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 194
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 189
- Company Structure 170