Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Fee protection 934 18
- overdrawn directors loan 246 5
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 189 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 262 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 68 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,196 47
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 86 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 441 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 130 3
- dividend 184 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 142 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 258 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 188 3
- Irish Taxation 149 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 326 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 520 6
- Drector renting room to company 111 1
- Off site storage 167 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 606 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 259 7
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 343
- Domain name sale and limited company 234
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 212
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 210
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 182
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152