Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Scams are not always obvious 834 25
- Little PPR calc question 75 2
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 341 5
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 187 4
- Retrospective Credit Notes 38 2
- Can loss derived in first year of letting out be carried forward to be set off rental in next year? 472 9
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 33 1
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 246 7
- Restructuring company and Form 42 99 5
- Personal allowance 488 11
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 175 6
- Taxation of rental income 293 6
- Market Value/Connected Persons 231 9
- Overseas company and VAT 52 1
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 146 2
- Workshops centred around Xero 484 12
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 188 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 200 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 117 3
- Related party disclosures 196 3
- New Fangled Penalties 1,045
- Moving away from CCH software 911
- Recruitment agencies 534
- QROP pension input amounts 414
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 366
- Deemed Employment Payment 349
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 315
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 302
- fraud 228
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 227