Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Busines software 56 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 135 5
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 284 4
- Buy to let and capitak gain 92 2
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 284 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 450 10
- are receipts needed? 593 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 253 3
- Bookkeping software 700 7
- Clogged Losses 273 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 251 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 647 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 306 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 256 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 116 1
- General tax book with planning 250 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 188 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 199 1
- Gift of property & improvements 156 3
- VAT Invoice 213 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 518
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 316
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 156
- EXACT ONLINE 151
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 149