Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 127 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 331 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 215 3
- FreeAgent question 109 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 137 2
- CIS monthly returns 187 2
- Goodie bag 1,556 52
- Husband Wife let property 353 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 503 12
- Output tax for retailer 317 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 287 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 141 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 139 1
- CT600 Advice 144 1
- Fair Value Accounting 83 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 161 4
- can I approach clients ? 413 8
- Companies House Penalties 154 2
- Apostille documents 120 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 548 13
- Possible Partnership? 644
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 519
- New Fangled Penalties 449
- Fuming! 384
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 318
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 257
- Outsource Data Entry 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 230
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 177