Furious with QuickBooks support
after years of promoting their products , i am furious about they way they are behaving. i have always taken a positive attitude to their products but now will take the half empty rather than half full approach.
our problem is that a charity has QB on one computer and wants to load it on another PC in a convemient location. in order to do this we have to deactivate the payroll on the old machine before activating the new one.
i have heard some nonsense it my time but this takes the biscuit. this is a perfect example of where SaaS woud be ideal.
Intuit say the payroll license can only be used on 1 workstation period (not one at a time - thoughtit was sold as single user licence not a single workstation one, a crucial difference) not that i remeber that crucial diferentiation at the time of the charity taking out its payroll subscription. the fact is that only one person operates the software apart from me on an occassional visit.
In all my time using QB which is over 15 years i have never ever been told that you could not load the software twice (as only one user could access it at a time) and in fact i was told the opposite in respect of the accounting software. payroll is obviously a new dynamic and has been troublesome throughout however i am not buying into this nonsense any more . as people might be aware i will not pass by on the other side when it comes to software house practices and bull****.
MESSAGE TO INTUIT PUT UP OR I WONT SHUT UP
have any other users had similar problems
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 556 16
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,601 28
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 399 8
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,355 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,625 19
- "Audit Report" 188 3
- Free invoicing software 241 3
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 136 2
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 216 4
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 114 1
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 767 19
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 214 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 239 2
- Coding Notice 262 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 280 6
- New business - journal entries 438 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 247 3
- Payroll software 673 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 305 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 417 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 913
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 730
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 224
- accounting for this transaction 216
- Call Centre Data Costs 210
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 191
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 186
- Travel costs and contractors 180