Furnished Holiday Let days
For FHL rules to apply on a UK/EEA property, the property must be available 140 days and actually let 70 days.
Assume someone is going away for one week tomorrow, 1 August. Their stay is 1 - 8 August. For the FHL criteria, would you regard that week as 7 days or 8 days? Obviously, if we're looking at nights, it's 7, but the legislation refers to days.
I've never had to ask this before, but am reviewing a potential FHL claim and it looks like it may be under the 70 days if we count each week's stay as 7 days (averaging may not help either).
Logically, my gut feeling is to say it should be 7 days, because:
a) 140 days is effectively 20 weeks
b) 70 days is 10 weeks
c) Presumably, in the above example, someone else may well be coming in for the next week 8 - 15 August, so you would end up double counting the Saturday of departure and arrival, if you took a week's let as 8 days.
I think I'm getting myself more and more confused here and it is Friday afternoon after all and so, would appreciate a second opinion.
- Tax relief for networking day out? 436 11
- VAT on non-denominated postage 21 1
- Starting Again 236 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 599 19
- CT101 Completion 121 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 35 1
- CGT on spouse's death 221 10
- Non resident pension withdrawal 141 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 253 6
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 708 35
- P11D Software 770 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 196 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 259 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 387 10
- Payroll software 182 4
- Company UTR numbers 301 6
- Summer house for business only 132 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 116 1
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 158 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 153 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 593
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 283
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 250
- RTI - duplicate employee record 239
- Accelerated payment notices 229
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 214