Furnished Holiday Let days
For FHL rules to apply on a UK/EEA property, the property must be available 140 days and actually let 70 days.
Assume someone is going away for one week tomorrow, 1 August. Their stay is 1 - 8 August. For the FHL criteria, would you regard that week as 7 days or 8 days? Obviously, if we're looking at nights, it's 7, but the legislation refers to days.
I've never had to ask this before, but am reviewing a potential FHL claim and it looks like it may be under the 70 days if we count each week's stay as 7 days (averaging may not help either).
Logically, my gut feeling is to say it should be 7 days, because:
a) 140 days is effectively 20 weeks
b) 70 days is 10 weeks
c) Presumably, in the above example, someone else may well be coming in for the next week 8 - 15 August, so you would end up double counting the Saturday of departure and arrival, if you took a week's let as 8 days.
I think I'm getting myself more and more confused here and it is Friday afternoon after all and so, would appreciate a second opinion.
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 170 7
- Interest on pre-letting? 61 4
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 25 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,656 44
- Anybody still doing returns? 113 6
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,670 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 215 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 301 13
- Clothing 404 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 100 6
- Why do I do this every year 542 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 703 24
- client can't/won't pay 2,016 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 290 5
- Self assesment online 1,066 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 122 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 746 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 256 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 147 1
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 170 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 587
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 423
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 183