Furnished Holiday Let days
For FHL rules to apply on a UK/EEA property, the property must be available 140 days and actually let 70 days.
Assume someone is going away for one week tomorrow, 1 August. Their stay is 1 - 8 August. For the FHL criteria, would you regard that week as 7 days or 8 days? Obviously, if we're looking at nights, it's 7, but the legislation refers to days.
I've never had to ask this before, but am reviewing a potential FHL claim and it looks like it may be under the 70 days if we count each week's stay as 7 days (averaging may not help either).
Logically, my gut feeling is to say it should be 7 days, because:
a) 140 days is effectively 20 weeks
b) 70 days is 10 weeks
c) Presumably, in the above example, someone else may well be coming in for the next week 8 - 15 August, so you would end up double counting the Saturday of departure and arrival, if you took a week's let as 8 days.
I think I'm getting myself more and more confused here and it is Friday afternoon after all and so, would appreciate a second opinion.
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 24 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 239 6
- CIS 30 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 591 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 93 1
- Really?! 664 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 277 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 159 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 447 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 888 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 266 4
- Car Purchase 124 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 158 7
- IR35 115 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,911 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 280 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,265 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,577 9
- backpack 237 2
- VAT - Medical Staff 135 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 703
- 2015 tax year end 436
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 412
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 350
- Costly Accounting Software contract 302
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 249
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 220
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201