Furnished Holiday Let days
For FHL rules to apply on a UK/EEA property, the property must be available 140 days and actually let 70 days.
Assume someone is going away for one week tomorrow, 1 August. Their stay is 1 - 8 August. For the FHL criteria, would you regard that week as 7 days or 8 days? Obviously, if we're looking at nights, it's 7, but the legislation refers to days.
I've never had to ask this before, but am reviewing a potential FHL claim and it looks like it may be under the 70 days if we count each week's stay as 7 days (averaging may not help either).
Logically, my gut feeling is to say it should be 7 days, because:
a) 140 days is effectively 20 weeks
b) 70 days is 10 weeks
c) Presumably, in the above example, someone else may well be coming in for the next week 8 - 15 August, so you would end up double counting the Saturday of departure and arrival, if you took a week's let as 8 days.
I think I'm getting myself more and more confused here and it is Friday afternoon after all and so, would appreciate a second opinion.
- Declined for business bank account 239 5
- Help with Mortgage Application? 479 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 176 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,619 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 212 10
- Standard 'email' template system 879 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 460 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,028 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 216 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 95 1
- Circular shareholding 233 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 190 6
- business card address 305 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 213 2
- Loan to a related company 105 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 661 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 333 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 272 8
- property rental income split 131 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 137 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,114
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 367
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 229
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 221
- Non Resident 187
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 182
- Franchise income and costs 177