GET ME OUT OF HERE!
I have a LTD client of several years who, at the brink of insolvency due to poor management, is slow to provide me with information, and is generally lacking in responsibility to the business, it's customers and staff.
The two shareholder/directors approached me at the beginning of last week to say that they feared the company would run out of cash by the end of next week, so I wrote to advise them to contact an Insolvency Practitioner immediately to discuss their options. After one director came back from a long weekend break, they finally saw the Practitioner who has told them to try and carry on at this stage. This is possible as I have found a substantial bill they paid twice and have asked for a refund!
How do I get out of this engagement when I know that they are in a predicament and quite incapable of recording their transactions and filing returns etc, and are probably unable to afford to switch accountants?
They are local and I am worried about the impact on my reputation if I am seen as 'jumping ship', but at the same time I know that things are only going to get worse, and I could easily find myself embroiled in a situation of them arguing about the business with me in the middle! I am already finding it difficult as both directors pull me aside to 'chat' about their position and future plans, and I have to keep saying that I am unable to give answers that could give rise to conflict.
I would appreciate any (helpful) comments...
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 151 5
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 385 5
- Anyone done ATT? 194 5
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 297 4
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 62 1
- Accounting for software development costs 226 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,624 54
- Bereavment payment 329 4
- VAT invoice 164 4
- Fee protection 1,056 23
- indexation factors 71 2
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,597 13
- LLP Salaried Partners 129 1
- Payroll Software Recommendations 216 6
- Received a CIS invoice 214 4
- claim fees with out without VAT? 129 2
- Vat on motor repairs 132 3
- saturday staff 343 3
- Free accounts system for small business? 254 5
- Property Revaluation - Postings 76 1
- Xtuple 575
- Qtac payroll for bureau 403
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 350
- Domain name sale and limited company 249
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 237
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 221
- Tax on damages received 200
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 194
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 160
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 159