Ghastly situation with nil P35
With some trepidation I went to HMRC's website on 8th April and entered a nil return for one of my clients in respect of the P35.
I immediately received an email acknowledging receipt. This email told me I would get a confirmation email when my client's records were updated.
You won't be surprised to hear that I have heard nothing further from HMRC. When I look at this client's record on HMRC's website apparently no return has been filed. I emailed the online helpline to ask them to help but they referred me to the Employers helpline.
I was answered this morning within 1 ring by the dedicated Agents helpline - wow! An intelligent person told me that the best thing would be for me to try the ordinary Employers' helpline. He didn't seem to be able to do anything. I asked him why it was down to me when I had done what I was told I needed to do. I explained my concern about the company being accused of not having filed the P35 on time and he agreed it was a problem.
So having a dedicated Agents helpline is no use to us either.
Has anyone else had experience of using the website to file a nil P35?
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 151 3
- Property scam victim 306 5
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 248 9
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 228 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 39 1
- Have i messed up? 739 11
- VAT on garage rent 115 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 418 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 48 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 88 2
- Tasks for new trainees 136 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 64 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 59 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 555 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 100 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,642 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 252 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,809 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 171 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 143 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,090
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 572
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 382
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 287
- Charge out rates in London? 241
- Interest on Loan to a Company 188
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 173
- Agent fees to sell business 162
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153