Gifting Shares in Family Company
I have a trading Company valued at say £750,000. Mum (75) owns 37.5% Son 50% and employee 12.5%. Son had inherited 37.5% from Dads estate who died in 2005, the shares were then valued at £232,500 in Dads estate.
We now want to pass 17.5% to the employee in the most tax efficent manner to ringhim to 30%.
I guess we are caught by Employment related securities legislation no matter how it is done and employee will be subject to income tax on MV(not readily convertible)
Because of the ERS tax I expect we may as well utilise Sons high base cost because of share identification rules rather than Mum paying 12K CGT on her gift. But then we want to transfer Mums shares to Son as she is 75 wants to give him control of the company. Mums transfer to Son would not be ERS under the family and personal relationships but I expect she would have to hold over the gain.
Just wondering if there is anything I have missed to make it more efficent and does the company get the D1 deduction for the market value of the shares irrespective of who gifts to the employee.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 36 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 47 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 136 1
- How to deal with prior year error 108 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 502 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,314 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,055 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,024 20
- Tax Calculations 649 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 377 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 576 24
- Exemption from CGT 202 2
- VAT Registration 213 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 459 14
- Autumn statement predictions 405 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 298 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 169 3
- Moneysoft error 423 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 645 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 461 3