GIFTS OF PROPERTY BETWEEN UNMARRIED CO-HABITING PARTNERS
Mr x & Miss Y are engaged and will soon to be Married Mr X has uk banking arrangements and is trusted wholeheartedly by Miss Y. Miss Y is inheriting readily marketable assets from the USA Nigeria and japan & Thailand(such as cash/bank balances and jewellery) and wants Mr X to manage them for an income. The jewellery is likely to be sold for £700,000 through auction There is total trust betweem Mr x & Miss Y.
The assets will have been held for only a matter of days before being re-invested.
Should Miss y sign a declaration of trust in favour of Mr X?
so they become joint owners?
The assets are being transferred from a USA inheritance.
At which point would capital gains tax be payable and a chargeable transfer of a gift arise?
A)t the point the declaration of trust is signed?
B)At the point the assets arrive in the UK?
C)at the point they are gifted by Miss Y?
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 127 2
- Partnership returns software 113 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 824 18
- Tasks for new trainees 174 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 286 10
- VAT on garage rent 152 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 98 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 171 3
- Property scam victim 326 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 253 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 68 1
- Have i messed up? 761 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 429 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 64 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 124 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 84 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 93 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 583 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 112 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,661 46
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,101
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 579
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 387
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 291
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 191
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 176
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 164
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 157