Grant Audit work in Cardiff
We are a small business in Cardiff and have recently won a Technology Strategy Board grant (£160k over 3 years).
The TSB have recently changed their requriements and have included in the audit requirements the following:
5.1.3 Subject to the previous paragraph (5.1.2), the total aggregate liability of the Accountant whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, to the Technology Strategy Board and the [participant], arising from or in connection with the work which is the subject of these terms (including any addition or variation to the work), shall not exceed the amount determined in accordance with the capping formula shown below - for small grants this is 100% of the grant proceeds.
As a result our current grant auditors are unable to do the work without charging prohibitive fees. TSB say other auditors have been willing to work to these terms.
Does anyone either know an audit firm in Cardiff willing to do so or have experience in challenging TSB on this.
Previously it has been the beneficiary who is liable to repay the grant rather than the audit firm.
- Flat Rate Scheme 53 3
- Care to help a student out? 64 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 1,827 28
- Writing off bad debts 73 2
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 462 6
- Excel - protecting a cell 74 3
- Dazed & confused 1,133 7
- Giving a seminar 390 21
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,908 61
- Website - Should I upgrade? 234 7
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 357 15
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 223 3
- Property scam victim 463 12
- General legal fees 135 3
- Entries on SATR for Non Dom with unremitted income < £2k 124 6
- Allowable charity donation? 113 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 749 10
- Contra entry in Sage Line 50 accounts professional 66 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 418 16
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 1,164 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,158
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 593
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 398
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 301
- Interest on Loan to a Company 201
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 182
- Agent fees to sell business 180
- Alphabet shares 177
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 166
- Residency 91 day rule 159