Has anyone any advice as to how to deal with 'missing' 64-8s?
I know I'm not alone with this, so any suggestions as to how to proceed would be welcomed.
I have sent a few 64-8s to HMRC over the last couple of months after taking over from another accountant. HMRC have denied all knowledge of the majority of them (but not all) and suggest we resend (after the embaressment of asking the client to sign again).
What riles me is that they have gone from the old accountants list, so HMRC seem to have half the story. I'm always told the 64-8 depot doesn't have telephones and their staff can't read so we can't write to them (ok, so not the second part, but they have ignored every letter over the years). Should I be making a formal complaint? Will they just say 'we never had them'?
- Cashflow forecasting software 276 4
- incorrect old p60 404 10
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,907 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 254 4
- Turnover on a tax return 205 7
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 233 3
- VAT refund 145 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 225 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 261 3
- Missing tax return 380 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,106 30
- Inflation and fees 1,400 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 837 24
- Micro-entity accounts 277 1
- Related party disclosure 229 3
- Company reconstruction 163 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 169 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 191 1