Has anyone any advice as to how to deal with 'missing' 64-8s?
I know I'm not alone with this, so any suggestions as to how to proceed would be welcomed.
I have sent a few 64-8s to HMRC over the last couple of months after taking over from another accountant. HMRC have denied all knowledge of the majority of them (but not all) and suggest we resend (after the embaressment of asking the client to sign again).
What riles me is that they have gone from the old accountants list, so HMRC seem to have half the story. I'm always told the 64-8 depot doesn't have telephones and their staff can't read so we can't write to them (ok, so not the second part, but they have ignored every letter over the years). Should I be making a formal complaint? Will they just say 'we never had them'?
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 17 1
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 53 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 227 7
- Closing down loss-making company 750 15
- Stumped - IHT 570 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 115 1
- S.455 Tax again 406 8
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 477 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 376 14
- Tips on meals 515 4
- co-operatives & Societies 99 1
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 702 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,199 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,477 40
- Website Content 458 6
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 201 3
- Directors in dispute 193 1
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 733 12
- Incorporated company charity 160 2
- property capital gains 359 3